EX-21 vs. EX-21K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX-21 vs. EX-21K

Can anyone tell me the difference between an Ex-21 and an Ex-21K??? I'm finding the Ex-21 for $899.99 and the Ex-21K for $819.99. The Ex-21 appears to be the saw alone and the Ex-21K appears to come with the stand and a foot switch. That's very confusing to me. What am I missing????????

I think that this is General way of making a promotional price.

I bought the "K" version and I didn't see any difference. I also got 10% off when there was going to be a wood show in the area. My buddy called just recently and got the same deal but he had to pay for shipping.

Don
    Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

In the process of buying one right now and the regular one comes with a set of 10 blades and the K one comes with a stand and foot pedal. It is a promotion from the manufacturer.
      Diane
      Dragon
      Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
      Owner of a Dewalt 788
      PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

I thought I would give an update to my question. I did discover (like you said Dragon) that the EX-21K is a promo deal. I went ahead and ordered the EX-21K from Seyco. It arrived Monday and I had a chance to set it up last night and at least test cut a couple of pieces. I hope my expectations weren't too high, but I was surprised at the vibration - it was just a little more than I was expecting. Not anything close to my nearly 20 year old Delta! I did do the motor adjustment that I have seen several speak of and did get it to the smallest amount I could. I never was able to locate one to watch run or test cut before I ordered, but I was under the impression from some posts I read that there would almost be NO vibration. I remember someone saying they could set a penny on its edge and run the saw and it would stay standing. I'm thinking about posting a small video of a cup of liquid on the table to show the vibration and see if any of you could tell me if it is normal or more than normal. (Can you post a short video on this forum???)

Anyway - any info you experienced EX-21 users can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
        Ken

Comment

You have to have something wrong with your machine.

I have the EX-21K model and I get NO vibration.

I just went and tried to balance a coin on the table which is difficult because my table is sloped back to front and the coin kept rolling away.

I took a loonie (CDN dollar) which has flat sides stood it up in a little bit of saw dust turned on the machine and it didn't fall over at about half speed. Went to turn up and hit the table and it fell over.

I would call your supplier to see what is wrong.

Don
          Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

I think the first mistake you made was doing a motor adjustment on a brand new machine. What was the purpose of doing that? The machines from Seyco are supposed to be tested and properly adjusted so all you have to do is set it up and go. When I received mine, the only thing I touched was the rear knob to make the upper arm height to my liking. I have never had to adjust the motor or anything else. I will repeat what Ray from Seyco said to me once. He told me not follow what everyone posts on these forums. He said if something is not right or needs adjustment, call him first. So that is what I recommend you do and you should make sure to tell him that you messed with the motor as that could have something to do with it.

Comment

I don't have yet but I did try Diana Thompson's 21" when I was there last month and I would leave my fine crystal glass of wine on her machine. Maybe you don't have it level
              Diane
              Dragon
              Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
              Owner of a Dewalt 788
              PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

That's pretty much the impression I was under Dragon - thanks.

In response to your high and mighty, condescending sounding post, sawdust11703, the only reason I messed with the motor to start with was because of the vibration. And just so you know, it runs smoother now, after the adjustment, than it did out of the box.

Comment

Kenreich; Does the saw have the rubber feet on the bottom of the legs? I run into that problem with a Dewalt 788. Don

Comment

How is my post "high and mighty" and condescending? I just don't understand why you would mess with the motor on a brand new machine without first contacting the company if you have a problem. There is nothing in the manual that says to adjust the motor. Sometimes doing things like that can void your warranty without first contacting the company. I post what I post on this forum, not to look high and mighty but to help people learn from my mistakes. I had a problem once with the tension flip lever and followed what some people were doing on here to fix it. It turned out I destroyed it because the directions posted on here weren't exactly right. He told me to pass the word along that if you buy something from him and there is a problem, to call him first and not follow what everyone posts on these forums. I'm sorry this advice is all too high and mighty for you.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                      Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                      by will8989
                      The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                      Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Farmers market
                      by will8989
                      Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                      Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                    • tgiro01
                      Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                      by tgiro01
                      Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                      Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                    • Linda In Phoenix
                      Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                      Yesterday, 06:47 PM
                    • Linda In Phoenix
                      Reply to Plastic puzzle
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
                      Yesterday, 06:38 PM
                    Working...
                    X