Harbor Freight 26" scroll saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbor Freight 26" scroll saw

Has anyone ever used the 26" Harbor Freight scroll saw? I see them on line, but never in the store. They look a lot like an RBI, but I can't seem to find any info on them. I don't normally buy corded tools from Harbor Freight, but for $300 this looked interesting. Just wondering.

I don't have anything against Harbor Freight , but sometimes you get what you pay for . I do buy some items from them - but not a tool I use alot .....the same way with Craftsman big power woodworking tools also - I started out using craftsman and have already replaced them ......MB
    Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

HF does have a few gems but many are designed to use a few times and then toss. In general terms you get what you pay for. I use my scroll saw almost daily. If it was me, I would look elsewhere.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I have a great stationary sander from harbor freight and I once...no twice had their scroll saw. First one broke down the first week. they sent me another and the variable speed switch died in 6 months. Other problems caused me to stop using it. I stopped scroll sawing for years until I bought a DeWalt. I used it a lot, It lasted 20 months. I now have a Hegner. (over 2 years now) I do not recommend the Harbor freight saw nor the DeWalt.
        Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
        "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

It does look a bit like the Hawk but it is not. The Hawk is still made here in the US with quality parts. I would like to use one just for curiosity.
          I agree with the others.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I know their 16" is set up for pinned blades and I do not know if you can put an adapter on it for the pinless. I do not know about the 26" one, but that would be something to check into before you buy it (if you do). Like all the others, for the most part I do not get tools like that from them. All though I have one of their 2HP dust collectors, lathe, and a spindle sander, RO Palm sander and have no complaints with those items. I have a couple of their drills and they have done well but I only use those for small / light duty work, but would not recommend the drills to anyone if they can afford something that cost more. But back to the scroll saw, Based on what I have seen with the 16", I would not recommend the 26" one.
            CHRIS

http://www.members.cox.net/messman123/messman.htm

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X