Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roundover Router Bit

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get a mini roundover bit that has a bearing that rides along the wood? I'm looking for one similar in size to the Dremel router bit but with a bearing. I've tried using the dremel bit to round over but it always cuts a grove where it rides along the wood in addition to rounding over. I need a bit that small in order to round over some toys that have very small gaps.

I've seen MCLS brass piloted router bits. Has anyone tried those? Do they round over without leaving a grove?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    db

MLCS #6349 is a 1/16 radius and # 6350 is 1/8 radius I think that is about as small as you can get. I have not tried the brass piloted bits so I can't say how they work. Here is a link to the page I found MLCS Round Over Router Bits and Sets
    Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

Yes, I have used the brass piloted bits and they work fine for me, even on hardwoods.
      Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

MLCS does make some nice high quality bits. They will out last most of the bits sold at you local hardware store.
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Scroller View Post
          MLCS does make some nice high quality bits. They will out last most of the bits sold at you local hardware store.
          I'll second that about MLCS. And they ship free!
          Ron
          www.turtleteasers.com

Comment

Thank you all. I will order a couple of different sizes and see what works best.

db

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
              Reply to My computer issues.
              by Rolf
              Linda,
              Quote, I kept my old computer even though it was barely alive simply due to one particular program...Picassa by Google...which they removed from the market years ago. It worked like a combo photo and editing program but easier. It could take a photo and change it to a line drawing beautifully...
              Today, 08:41 AM
            • RJweb
              by RJweb
              Buy an apple and keep the computer dr away, RJ...
              Today, 08:39 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to New turning tools
              by Rolf
              Thanks for posting Carole, Depending on what other time consuming distractions I have I might just have to do a wavy bowl.
              Also for reminding me that I have your books on my shelf for inspiration!!
              This will also be the first time I use the Excalibur to cut the rings instead of fighting...
              Today, 08:27 AM
            • NC Scroller
              by NC Scroller
              There is a free software package by GLARY Utilities by glarysoft that our local computer club uses to clean junk off do hard drives and defrag. They recommend running it monthly. You should also check for malware which most antivirus software does not prevent.

https://www.glarysoft....
              Today, 07:57 AM
            • handibunny
              Reply to New turning tools
              by handibunny
              Actually, Jim, I'm delighted that making bowls with the scroll saw is still a viable part of the scroll saw repertoire.

In truth, the scroll saw part involves only the creation of the blank and the cutting of the concentric rings. That's what distinguishes scroll saw segmentation (both...
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 2 photos.
              Today, 07:44 AM
            Working...
            X