Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hegner and Diamond

Hi !

Is there anyone who has tried both Hegner and Diamond fretsaws, and has experienced differences between their results?

Thanks

Afshin

Yes - me! My signature block's a bit of a give-away on this .

Both are very good saws but I think the Hegner 2 shades it over the Diamond for sheer speed of blade changing (so long as you use the quick-release clamp). The choice is a no brainer if you're going to be making lots of piercing cuts.

I also think the Hegner has slightly less vibration.

However, the Diamond is a wonderfully powerful saw, capable of cutting hard wood which the Hegner can't cope with. It also a number of accessories such as a flexible drive shaft which can run off it, a circle cutting jig, and the capacity to use non-standard scrollsaw blades. The Diamond blade holder can also be rotated through 360 degrees, a great boon when working on large projects. Moreover, Doug Woodward (the manufacturer) gives excellent customer service and takes great pride in his machines; as far as he's concerned, they're guaranteed for life.

I consider myself fortunate to have room for both machines in my workshop .

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Now that's a feature I wish I had. I want to be able to turn the blade in different directions for oversize or extra long cutting. I also want a dust chute down under the blade with a net inside it to catch them little eyeballs and fingernails that sometimes fall through and get lost.
      Jeff Powell

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X