Scroll Saw Blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scroll Saw Blades

Just got a Type 1 DW788 and while it came with 7 blades, I need some more blades. I will be getting FD blades, but not sure which ones I need. Is the assortment pack what I should get or maybe blades specific for my projects?

My projects:
    1) Pinewood Derby Cars
    2) Various decorative pieces out of most likely 1/4 Baltic Birch plywood as I hear that is the go to wood for the job
    DeWalt DW788 Type 1

Everyone will have a favorite style and size to offer. These are my recommendations. For your soap box derby the #5 poplar blade will be hard to beat. For the BB plywood I would be using mostly #5 Ultra reverse blades.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

You can also ask Mike, the man. Check out his website and you will get a wealth of information. Mike's Workshop English featuring: my life story, a cancer survivor, scrollsawing samples and tips, community service, list of favorite sites and Flying Dutchman fretsaw blades for sale.
      Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
      Jean De La Bruyere...

l
      Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
        Reply to Spring Issue
        by Quartz43
        No doubt, the large patterns are a real challenge. Not many have a large size printer. Going out and finding a place to do large scans and prints is problematic with the virus and many of us are older.

I wish they would not print the patterns with the grey. Pure black and white is easier...
        Today, 07:15 AM
      • dwssr2
        Reply to hegner 2"
        by dwssr2
        I have no idea what the measurements of the 18" table are, I can give measurements of the poly max and the 14"....
        Today, 05:22 AM
      • MidMich324
        Reply to hegner 2"
        by MidMich324
        Just Wondering...

Is the table size on the 22" hegner saw as on the 18" hegner saw?

With the 22" inch one you get 4 more inches of depth of cut but do you also get a few more inches of table?
        Yesterday, 09:30 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Spring Issue
        by will8989
        I had to fool around with copying and taping a pattern again today. This wasn’t as bad as the fish, but still a pain. I use rapid resizer. Scan a pattern, put in size I want and it prints it out. If more than one page, it numbers each page at the top and I tape them together. Had the fish pattern...
        Yesterday, 09:28 PM
      • millwab
        Reply to Peanuts #1
        by millwab
        Rolf, I cover it with clear contact paper (comes off clean without leaving a residue) and draw a grid for the direction I want to cut (ie horizontal or diagonal) to keep the rows even. The rest is all freehand....
        Yesterday, 02:51 PM
      Working...
      X