Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Maintenance

TKX

I release the blade tension even between projects on the same day.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Me too Mike

Bob
      Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

I agree, you should take the tension off, even between projects. It will save on the saw as well as the blade. It's just a good idea. Like me taking a nap. It's good for me. HA
        PERK

Comment

Thanks for the replies. And here I was thinking that maybe I was being overly cautious by releasing the tension when I finished using the saw at the end of the day. Turns out this is just routine standard operating procedure for many here. Good to know.

Comment

I never thought to do this, I will now.

Thank you

It's all fun
            Terry
            Craftsman 18"
            Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Comment

You should release the tension on your blades. For a very good reason. I didn't do it once and went on a trip that lasted ten days and when I got back I had to cut off two inches off the blade that was in it so it would be 5 inches long again. No really, that happen. Ahh, you don't believe me, would I tell a story like that if it was not true. Quiet Mike. not asking you.
              Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
              Jean De La Bruyere...

l
              Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Well, Chuck, I went on a 45 day trip and my # 7 blade was down to a #2/0 and I had to cut off 5", so I left it in the saw another week and got two blades out of the deal. Sweet.
                Terry
                Got Moose?

Comment

I always release the tension , even if I'm coming back in an hour or so ...........MB
                  Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                    Shrink wrap systems
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
                    Today, 11:51 AM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to Sundays market
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
                    Today, 11:39 AM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to New tools
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    New tools can definitely open up the scope of what we can do, or how well I'm on the band wagon. Congrats!
                    Today, 11:36 AM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to Interesting pallet
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    At work (like 15 years ago) we got in some aluminum sheet on pallets 4'x12'. Those pallets were like brand new, without even any discoloring from the metals. I asked our sales rep, and he said I could keep one pallet. I removed all the 4' boards, which measured about 1/2" thick, 4" wide...
                    Today, 11:32 AM
                  • NC Scroller
                    Reply to Interesting pallet
                    by NC Scroller
                    I agree that needs to be saved for a special project. The wood is likely oak based on the grain pattern and the discoloration around the nail.
                    Today, 11:30 AM
                  Working...
                  X