Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Maintenance

TKX

I release the blade tension even between projects on the same day.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Me too Mike

Bob
      Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

I agree, you should take the tension off, even between projects. It will save on the saw as well as the blade. It's just a good idea. Like me taking a nap. It's good for me. HA
        PERK

Comment

Thanks for the replies. And here I was thinking that maybe I was being overly cautious by releasing the tension when I finished using the saw at the end of the day. Turns out this is just routine standard operating procedure for many here. Good to know.

Comment

I never thought to do this, I will now.

Thank you

It's all fun
            Terry
            Craftsman 18"
            Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Comment

You should release the tension on your blades. For a very good reason. I didn't do it once and went on a trip that lasted ten days and when I got back I had to cut off two inches off the blade that was in it so it would be 5 inches long again. No really, that happen. Ahh, you don't believe me, would I tell a story like that if it was not true. Quiet Mike. not asking you.
              Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
              Jean De La Bruyere...

l
              Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Well, Chuck, I went on a 45 day trip and my # 7 blade was down to a #2/0 and I had to cut off 5", so I left it in the saw another week and got two blades out of the deal. Sweet.
                Terry
                Got Moose?

Comment

I always release the tension , even if I'm coming back in an hour or so ...........MB
                  Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
                    Reply to My computer issues.
                    by Quartz43
                    Glad things worked out.

I just updated my older PC. The hard drive was 500 gb and eight years old. I cloned it to a one TB SSD (solid state drive). Put the cloned drive in and worked perfectly with all my old programs. The computer is now much faster. The new drive was about $100 and...
                    Today, 05:02 PM
                  • NC Scroller
                    Reply to Need suggestions or a bit of guidance
                    by NC Scroller
                    You nailed it.👍
                    Today, 04:03 PM
                  • NC Scroller
                    Reply to A new toy.
                    by NC Scroller
                    Once upon a time ( in the 70's) i attempted bow hunting. I believe the bow had a 45 pound draw. I quickly learned that it was not for me. It takes lot of hard work and practice just to be fair at it. Good is a whole different level. I hope you do better than I did.
                    Today, 04:02 PM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to A new toy.
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    Now that's a cool way to maintain hand/eye coordination. Enjoy that toy--- and--- HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL THE DADS OUT THERE!
                    Today, 01:30 PM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    Reply to My computer issues.
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    So glad you are back up and running. You will be awed by the speed of your new drive, fresh drivers, and cleaned up files. Spring housecleaning!
                    Today, 01:28 PM
                  Working...
                  X