Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Maintenance

TKX

I release the blade tension even between projects on the same day.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Me too Mike

Bob
      Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

I agree, you should take the tension off, even between projects. It will save on the saw as well as the blade. It's just a good idea. Like me taking a nap. It's good for me. HA
        PERK

Comment

Thanks for the replies. And here I was thinking that maybe I was being overly cautious by releasing the tension when I finished using the saw at the end of the day. Turns out this is just routine standard operating procedure for many here. Good to know.

Comment

I never thought to do this, I will now.

Thank you

It's all fun
            Terry
            Craftsman 18"
            Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Comment

You should release the tension on your blades. For a very good reason. I didn't do it once and went on a trip that lasted ten days and when I got back I had to cut off two inches off the blade that was in it so it would be 5 inches long again. No really, that happen. Ahh, you don't believe me, would I tell a story like that if it was not true. Quiet Mike. not asking you.
              Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
              Jean De La Bruyere...

l
              Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Well, Chuck, I went on a 45 day trip and my # 7 blade was down to a #2/0 and I had to cut off 5", so I left it in the saw another week and got two blades out of the deal. Sweet.
                Terry
                Got Moose?

Comment

I always release the tension , even if I'm coming back in an hour or so ...........MB
                  Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X