installing blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing blade

I bought a almost new Dewalt 788 #1 last night about 11Pm, and thought I would see how easy blade changing was. I put in a couple and no real problems. Then I removed the blade and lossened the bottom Knob Assy Clamp (#47 on parts list )all the way until it stopped just so I could see the slot the blade goes in clearly. Then I tried putting in a blade and could not budge old #47. Im talking either way. It is like it's welded in place, Can you offer any sugestions, or guide me to a forum hat could?

Thanks

Irhyper - Although I've never had that problem with my 788 (good saw), I've run into similar problems with other tools. I ask one favor of you... before you try my solution, wait a day or 2 to see if others can steer you in a better direction.

My experience with other tools tells me that sawdust and resin have built up on the #47 part and by your action, you compressed it enough for it to lock. A couple of solutions come to mind in your predicament. First, try a little W-D40 or other thin penetrating oil and then pliers to give you a little more grip, but don't turn it with too much force to twist it. It's not that big of a piece. Second, you can try tapping the turn knob with a small brad hammer to break the sawdust bond. But don't tap too hard and brace the backside so your tap becomes a bond breaking tap and not a delicate tool breaker.

I really hope somebody else can help you here because I feel I'm steering you down a risky road. Good luck!
    It's never hot or cold in NH, it's always seasonal!

Comment

Check with Rick at Rick's Scrollsaw His e-mail address is listed on his website. He may be able to help. He has a lot of good information on the 788 and many other saws.
      Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X