installing blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing blade

I bought a almost new Dewalt 788 #1 last night about 11Pm, and thought I would see how easy blade changing was. I put in a couple and no real problems. Then I removed the blade and lossened the bottom Knob Assy Clamp (#47 on parts list )all the way until it stopped just so I could see the slot the blade goes in clearly. Then I tried putting in a blade and could not budge old #47. Im talking either way. It is like it's welded in place, Can you offer any sugestions, or guide me to a forum hat could?

Thanks

Irhyper - Although I've never had that problem with my 788 (good saw), I've run into similar problems with other tools. I ask one favor of you... before you try my solution, wait a day or 2 to see if others can steer you in a better direction.

My experience with other tools tells me that sawdust and resin have built up on the #47 part and by your action, you compressed it enough for it to lock. A couple of solutions come to mind in your predicament. First, try a little W-D40 or other thin penetrating oil and then pliers to give you a little more grip, but don't turn it with too much force to twist it. It's not that big of a piece. Second, you can try tapping the turn knob with a small brad hammer to break the sawdust bond. But don't tap too hard and brace the backside so your tap becomes a bond breaking tap and not a delicate tool breaker.

I really hope somebody else can help you here because I feel I'm steering you down a risky road. Good luck!
    It's never hot or cold in NH, it's always seasonal!

Comment

Check with Rick at Rick's Scrollsaw His e-mail address is listed on his website. He may be able to help. He has a lot of good information on the 788 and many other saws.
      Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
        Reply to Farmers market "survey"
        by will8989
        The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
        Yesterday, 11:10 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Farmers market
        by will8989
        Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
        Yesterday, 10:31 PM
      • tgiro01
        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
        by tgiro01
        Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
        Yesterday, 09:38 PM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
        by Linda In Phoenix
        It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
        Yesterday, 06:47 PM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to Plastic puzzle
        by Linda In Phoenix
        Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
        Yesterday, 06:38 PM
      Working...
      X