• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 909 Oscillating Spindle Sander

Can any offer any thoughts on this sander;

909 Oscillating Spindle Sander. Woodcraft has it on sale for $99.99

Thanks

I don't know the unit they are selling....I have the Rigid and a Jet, but paid much for them ...perhaps it will be a great tool.
    Hawaiilad
    Larry

Comment

It doesn't seem to be a popular item as I cannot find even one customer review anywhere. I just brought the Jet benchtop model and I love it but its quite a bit more money than this. My observations on this one are: I don't like the table. Why isn't the spindle centered on the table? Very little table room in front of the spindle and I would imagine that would cause you some problems supporting your work piece unless it was small. It also makes no mention of being able to tilt the table. Looking at the pics, it doesn't appear possible.

It appears from the picture that you only get 1 spindle arbor. Which means everytime you change spindle sizes, you will also have to also remove the arbor from the sanding sleeve and put it into the new size. I also don't see how you attach and remove the spindles. It appears that you will have to turn the machine completely around and do this from the rear which could be a pain. It also makes no mention of horsepower which leads me to believe that its not too powerful and you have to wonder if it will bog down fairly easy. I guess you can't expect a whole lot for 99 bucks. I always find with tools that you get what you pay for, especially in the low to midrange priced items.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
        Reply to Tough Decisions
        by will8989
        I did that with Creative Woodworks. But when Bruce's group had their monthly meetings and swaps, somehow or other the ones I didn't buy ended up here! I keep all my holiday ones separate. But I also look at other patterns and think how I can reuse it. But sometimes that is just too much for my brain...
        Today, 12:27 PM
      • Don in Brooklin On
        Reply to Tough Decisions
        by Don in Brooklin On
        Since I refuse to subscribe till they do something about the patterns in the pull out. They even made the DVD tough to print patterns.

What I do is look at the index of the book on scrollsawer.com and if see something I might want to cut I go to Walmart and check out the book. If I like...
        Today, 11:59 AM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to Tough Decisions
        by Linda In Phoenix
        Absolutely everyone here has made valid points. That's part of what I've liked about this group.....different view points and different ideas. And we respect the diversity. You people rock!
        Today, 11:24 AM
      • NC Scroller
        Reply to Tough Decisions
        by NC Scroller
        I too miss Bob Duncan. I do not think anyone from FC has taken over that role at least on this forum. If they have I am not sure who. Like Betty, I owe a lot to FC and this forum. If it was not for them and this forum I would have probably turned my saw into a boat anchor years ago. Oh how I looked...
        Today, 11:22 AM
      • NC Scroller
        Reply to My covid angel
        by NC Scroller
        Yes I would sand all around the hand and feet to give it some depth.
        Today, 11:03 AM
      Working...
      X