Delta Planers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta Planers

Who has a Delta planer? Happy with it? I think I'm going add one to my arsenal. Any thoughts welcome. Thanks as always.
    Dan

My Gallery

I've had one for about a 15 years or so. It's served me pretty well. It's showing it's age a bit now. Mostly it doesn't move up & down as smoothly as it once did, but otherwise it still works fine. I put a new armature in it 10-12 years ago. Not sure why it failed, but it's been fine ever since.

I don't know anything about the ones made today though. They offered a 2 speed one and I read comments on other forums about the speed selector switch going out on them and it only would run on one speed anyway. Not sure how prevalent a problem that was.
    Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

I have one and it serves my purpose. It only has two blades instead of three. Three could keep them sharper longer. The blades seem to knick pretty easily. I'm careful about what I put through it but I still seem to get more grooves than I think I should. For all the more I use it, I feel it was a good buy.
      Keith

Comment

Dan : When I was first starting out I bought the portable 12" Delta and it was OK for a while - until I started planeing the hard woods and I found out that it would burn it up soon . So I used a friends - now a older model Grizzly 15" 2HP planer and it was the cats Meow . Well I brought one and have never regretted it , the new one's are 3 HP now . I have since bought a lot of the bigger Grizzly tools , now I know there not made it the USA , but the quality is there - and are cheaper too -I have used them long enought to know ..........MB
        Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
          Farmers market "survey"
          by Linda In Phoenix
          Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
          I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
          For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
          Today, 11:14 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to Farmers market
          by Linda In Phoenix
          Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
          Today, 11:00 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
          by Linda In Phoenix
          Sawstop instructions are some of the best I've ever worked with. Each part comes labeled with a letter to match instructions, hardware in color coded and labeled to match labels and colors in instructions. Full poster size instructions with pics in addition to manual instructions. Could only find one...
          Today, 09:57 AM
        • Rolf
          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
          by Rolf
          So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
          I like the fact...
          Today, 08:34 AM
        • will8989
          Reply to Farmers market
          by will8989
          Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
          Today, 08:17 AM
        Working...
        X