Wixie Angle Meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wixie Angle Meter

I got the email that this little thing is on sale. We all had a discussion about these things recently. I have had mine since about 2007 or maybe early 2008. I like it & I paid the nearly $40 plus shipping when I got mine. I think I have changed the battery one time in all these years and that was maybe about a couple of years back. This sale, IMOHO, is a good price.

Because the pic has the name of another business in it the pic might get pulled. I understand and don't mean to step on any toes or do something in an unapproving way. But, here is the pic.

John
    Attached Files
    I've Got A Lot More To Learn
    About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
    "~~ Molly Venter

I just ordered one this past weekend on sale and can't wait to try it out.
    Bob making sawdust in SW Louisiana
    with a EX-21

Comment

I have had one for about two years and it is great. However, I must take the battery out as the orientation sensor doesn't shut off completely even when the display is off. So the battery apparently has about a 6 month life if not removed between uses.
      This is easy to do to extend the battery life.

Comment

I bought one a couple of years back.....very satisfied as i do a LOT of woodworking other than on the scrolsaw.....seems to be very accurate, still on the same battery....shows adjustment of tablesaw, and bandsaw blades....nice. I paid full price for it back then.

Comment

Originally posted by saarf View Post
          I have had one for about two years and it is great. However, I must take the battery out as the orientation sensor doesn't shut off completely even when the display is off. So the battery apparently has about a 6 month life if not removed between uses.
          This is easy to do to extend the battery life.
          I find the same to be true. The battery does not last all that long if left in the Wixey. I keep spare batteries on hand now. I like the Wixey also and I paid $39 for it two years ago.
          Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
          "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bill Wilson
            Reply to Harbor Fraught
            by Bill Wilson
            I wonder if their effort to offer better quality products may have something to do with it. Seems like they want to market themselves as something more than just a cheap tool supplier. Maybe reducing the number of things eligible for the big discount coupons is part of a campaign to change their image....
            Today, 02:41 PM
          • Bill Wilson
            Reply to Question about tilting head saws
            by Bill Wilson
            I've owned both tilting table and tilting head saws. My current saw is an EX-21 (pre-Chinese made version) with the tilting head. I have to say that for beveled cuts, I much prefer the EX over my previous tilting table saws (Craftsman and Dewalt). I think a lot of it is the rack & pinion angle...
            Today, 02:06 PM
          • hotshot
            Harbor Fraught
            by hotshot
            Just a random annoyance . . . . Anyone get frustrated by the Harbor Freight ads that say no exclusions, then you see the details and see "for items under $20", or worse yet, in super small print, "Can not be used for: Atlas, Bauer, Central Machinery, CoverPro, Hercules, Predator, compressors,...
            Today, 01:04 PM
          • hotshot
            Reply to Cutting Air
            by hotshot
            about an inch and a half.

High ceilings make a house look super elegant. You have the option of doing some cool interior doors that are not possible with 8 foot ceilings. A lot of the large very old houses in my area have those....
            Today, 12:46 PM
          • hotshot
            Reply to Question about tilting head saws
            by hotshot
            And no annoying dust collection holes, for little pieces to catch on, right?

Since tilt arm style saws are my personal favorite . . . I can criticize it right? I hate the freaking dust collection mechanism on my King, and prefer the table on the older Green EX that didn't have that....
            Today, 11:22 AM
          Working...
          X