Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Wilson
    replied
    A routine thing I do with every blade is rough up the ends with some sandpaper. There is a film on them that can cause them to slip out of the clamps. Next thing I would suggest looking at is making sure the allen screws seat perfectly together. Tighten the screws without a blade in them. Look closely at how they meet. If it looks like they aren't making full contact across the entire face of both ends, you may need to file a little off to get them to seat properly. This is all trial & error, so take it slow and work up to it, or it will be like sawing legs off of a table to get it level.

Leave a comment:

• BrianA
    started a topic Blade slipping

Blade slipping

I have a Makita saw. The blade holders are allen type screws. I just cannot get the blade to stay in. As soon as I turn the saw on there is a little slippage and the tension is gone. I cannot believe I need a torque wrench to to get a blade to stay in. I have used Olsen and flying D blades large and small.

Maybe a replacement clamps? Sand paper? Corrosive deadly solvent? Trained monkey to keep them tight?

Thanks

Brian
    Milwaukee

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X