Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChuckD
    replied
    Right,,, I felt the same way and did the same thing..

Leave a comment:

• Tom J.
    replied
    Not my idea actually. A local toool company sells them but for $100.00. I figure it is almost as easy to make my own.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• sawdust11703
    Guest replied
    Thanks Tom, thats a cool idea you came up with.

Leave a comment:

• ChuckD
    replied
    Tom, have you been in my shop? That looks like one of the ones I made. Works great. Can never have to many dust collector hood.

Leave a comment:

• Tom J.
    replied
    I'd get an old floor fan to convert or build something out of 2" x 2" like this.

Tom
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• sawdust11703
    started a topic Dust Hoods (how to keep in place)

Dust Hoods (how to keep in place)

Now that I have a dust collector, I want to start doing some intarsia. I just purchased a dust hood to put behind my flex drum sander.

My problem is, when I put the hood behind the sander it doesn't seem to stay and I guess it's because of how heavy the 4 inch hose is. Does anyone have any tips, tricks or some kind of fix to make the hood stay put? My shop is small so I cannot affix any permanent tubing or hoods behind each machine. I have to keep things portable. Thanks for your help.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• markdavd
    Reply to Frustrated
    by markdavd
    When a blade slips out, the tendency is to tighten it more. Make sure you haven't over-tightened the clamp forcing the sides apart. Most OEM clamps are made from soft aluminum so once it starts they will continue spreading and it will be near-impossible to keep the blades in place.

I've...
    Yesterday, 10:03 AM
  • Sandy Oaks
    Reply to Frustrated
    by Sandy Oaks
    Blade slippage is a function of the blade clamp holder and or the set screw and thumb screw with swivel.
    Yesterday, 09:40 AM
  • NC Scroller
    Reply to Frustrated
    by NC Scroller
    Tricia what saw do you have? Does the blade slip or it just won’t tighten?
    Yesterday, 08:01 AM
  • wjbclocks1
    Reply to Frustrated
    by wjbclocks1
    Are yoou sure that your not puting the blades to far up in the top clamps,. ( l learned thst the hard way)...
    Yesterday, 07:46 AM
  • cwmagee
    Reply to Frustrated
    by cwmagee
    Have you tried to rough up the thumb screws tips? How old are the blade clamps? may be time to replaced them.
    Yesterday, 06:48 AM
Working...
X