Dust Hoods (how to keep in place)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust Hoods (how to keep in place)

Now that I have a dust collector, I want to start doing some intarsia. I just purchased a dust hood to put behind my flex drum sander.

My problem is, when I put the hood behind the sander it doesn't seem to stay and I guess it's because of how heavy the 4 inch hose is. Does anyone have any tips, tricks or some kind of fix to make the hood stay put? My shop is small so I cannot affix any permanent tubing or hoods behind each machine. I have to keep things portable. Thanks for your help.

I'd get an old floor fan to convert or build something out of 2" x 2" like this.

Tom
    Attached Files

Comment

Tom, have you been in my shop? That looks like one of the ones I made. Works great. Can never have to many dust collector hood.
      Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
      Jean De La Bruyere...

l
      Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Thanks Tom, thats a cool idea you came up with.

Comment

Not my idea actually. A local toool company sells them but for $100.00. I figure it is almost as easy to make my own.

Tom

Comment

Right,,, I felt the same way and did the same thing..
            Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
            Jean De La Bruyere...

l
            Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• dottyblues
              Reply to Pattern Vault
              by dottyblues
              Thank you everyone especially KarlB for finding the pattern.
              Today, 12:20 AM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by Linda In Phoenix
              So after much debating, I bought a Sawstop table saw--the 36" contractor version, and now have a roll-your-eyes story too.
              I got a few discounts from my favorite hardwood store for buying from them. Yay!
              In a small shop I couldn't live without the mobile base.
              I also added the...
              Yesterday, 10:49 PM
            • will8989
              Supermax
              by will8989
              Bruce and the tech from Laguna finally caught up with each other after almost 2 weeks of phone tag. Bruce ran the sander for the tech and after checking a few things, it was determined it’s the bushing, probably. They are going to send a bushing for Bruce to replace it. If he has a problem replacing...
              Yesterday, 10:31 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Help help
              by will8989
              Bruce lets it soak in on the cardholders, takes 24 hrs. I let everything drip for a few minutes then wipe excess off. 50/50 takes longer to dry than 40/60. I usually move everything upstairs and turn the ceiling fan on to to help it soak in. This finish takes 3-4 days to dry enough to take to shows....
              Yesterday, 10:11 PM
            • KarlB
              Reply to Pattern Vault
              by KarlB
              Here are the ones I made 9 years ago:

Karl...
              Yesterday, 10:05 PM
            Working...
            X