• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeWalt on sale at Grizzly

Just saw this - saw, stand and light for $475

H7414 DW788/7880/7881 20" Scroll Saw W/Stand And Light
    Janette
    www.square-designs.com

Not as good as the recent Woodcraft deal on the grey clone, but this is a pretty good deal
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

After I bought mine , I found out later that Grizzly's had the better deal . Well I got burned .......but then this is what happens when you don't price around ..............MB
      Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

With all the problems people are having with this saw, is it really a good deal? One other thing with Woodcraft. Be carefuly what you buy there. I was about to purchase a 14 inch bandsaw from them until I realized they charged a 75.00 excess weight fee! Are you kidding me!!? I don't think that applies to their scroll saws. Obviously I went elsewhere where I got free shipping, no tax and NO excess weight fee. You really do have to shop around. While shopping for my bandsaw, I saw a few companies who gave a low ball price and then killed you on the shipping costs.

Comment

Ray at Seyco is having a sale on the Excalibur too - I've been giving some serious thought to an EX 30.
          Janette
          www.square-designs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Janette View Post
            Ray at Seyco is having a sale on the Excalibur too - I've been giving some serious thought to an EX 30.
            I would love to have that DeWalt but I'm afraid it would have problems, coming out of the far east.
            I planning on getting the Excalibur 21 from Seyco before December is over.

Comment

As far as I know, with the exception of the eclipse - just about all scroll saws are made over there. I'd be interested to know of others that are made in North America.
              Janette
              www.square-designs.com

Comment

Just the RBI that I can think of in addition to the Eclipse Janette.
                Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Taken Straight from the wikipedia page. One addition, the Excalibur used to be made in Canada(found a Canadian model for sale on Ebay).

Many different brands of scroll saws are on the market today. Notable ones include Excalibur (made in Taiwan), RBI (made in the USA), Hegner (made in Germany), Eclipse (made in the USA), and DeWalt (originally made in Canada, but now made in Taiwan). There are also a number of less expensive scroll saws manufactured in Asia, including those from Delta, Dremel (Bosch), Craftsman, Ryobi, and others.

Scroll saw - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                  DeWalt DW788 Type 1

Comment

I was in the Clearwater, Florida Woodcraft store on December 2nd and they had a big stack of the Delta saws with stand and light for $349.00. So it looks like the one day Cyber Monday sale is still going on, at least at one store.

Bob

Comment

What kind of problems are people having with the Dewalt, I am possibly looking for one in the near future.
                      Bob making sawdust in SW Louisiana
                      with a EX-21

Comment

tools-plus.com has the Delta with stand and light on sale for $439.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                          by Rolf
                          Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                          That is...
                          Today, 08:15 AM
                        • Jimern
                          Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                          by Jimern
                          The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                          Today, 06:29 AM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                          by will8989
                          The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                          Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Farmers market
                          by will8989
                          Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                          Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                        • tgiro01
                          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                          by tgiro01
                          Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                          Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                        Working...
                        X