May we have a momment of silence please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May we have a momment of silence please

Well My Dremel up a died on me. I was cutting diamond plate with a cut off wheel and " pop and smoke" was the last thing it said. So now I am on the search for a drill and a detailed sander. My question is: has anyone used the Seyco THE SCROLLERS DRILL is it good. I am leaning towards the dremel cause of the versatility for grinding and polishing. and it is cheaper. what is your take on it. I kind of wonder why Seyco's price is so high, if it was a lot cheaper I would buy both.

When one sees a life spent spinning on the brink of control, one can be excused for feeling a sense of relief at it's passing. It is best to deal with grief by celebrating that life with a new device that spins as fast as the old.

Comment

Too dang funny...I feel your pain, as I have been there too! Mine didn't give me any notice either and poof up in smoke it went...unlike you I did not bow my head, I think it actually spun around a few times and spurted out some very nasty words that a sailor/trucker/biker would not even say - lol! Due to the fact that I would be completely lost without my dremel, I ran out to Lowe's and they happened to be having a special at the time and picked up the brand new 4000, it is a power house!!! I personally would stick with what I know and save some money while you do it...nothing against Seyco!
      ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• handibunny
        Reply to Question about tilting head saws
        by handibunny
        If you have a good saw, and can set the table accurately, you should be good to go. Give a holler if you need help. 😁

Randy, I swapped out the clamps on the Jet for the Pegas clamps as soon as they became available. I found the Jet clamps just too fidgety for my taste.
        Today, 05:09 PM
      • Jim Lowder
        by Jim Lowder
        Thank you all for the info. Sounds like it’s talent or practice issue not my saws. Wife already gave permission to buy a new one. I will wait tho
        Today, 04:51 PM
      • hotshot
        by hotshot
        I'll talk about this specific "slice" of your question, with more detail that you probably want or need.

Most Tilting head saws do come from the same Taiwan factory, except Excalibur. So what happened with Excalibur was . . . General got bought by a Chinese investor, some China/Taiwan...
        Today, 04:41 PM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to Basket C15
        by Linda In Phoenix
        Did this thread get hacked? That is a very strange sidetrack from KyivWorkshop.
        Today, 04:21 PM
      • handibunny
        by handibunny
        It doesn’t matter whether the saw table tilts or the saw arm tilts. Either can be used for any project cut at an angle, and there’s a learning curve for each.

I actually prefer the tilting table because the blade remains vertical. I find that at really steep angles, like 40 or 45 degrees,...
        Today, 02:10 PM
      Working...
      X