Sanding Question ref box making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanding Question ref box making

The past several months I have really been into making Bandsaw boxes and trivets. Trivets aren't bad, but the boxes really need allot of sanding... I have never minded sanding....watching the wood look so nice once you have giving it a good sanding. But I have blown out my shoulder once again and I know the will operate on it soon (going to the Dr. about it tomorrow in fact), and holding the 5" sanders is really getting hard and once I get the should fixed, I will really have to watch it...I had it fixed about 6 yrs. ago the first time.

There is a question in all of this.....have any of you fine woodworkers used and small angle drill for sanding?. I know that Fein makes a really nice sander that has a 3" sanding pad, but I am not ready to fork over $350. I was wondering it a person could use a light weight angle sander and a foam sanding pad and have it work like a regular sander...but using 2" sanding pads.

Thanks,
    Hawaiilad
    Larry

Hi Larry - not a specific answer to your question but a suggestion.
    Try sending a private message to our New Zealand forum member Rhys aka hobbyhorse . Rhys makes loads of bandsaw boxes as a small business and they are of excellent quality and when it come to knowing how to make and sand them and what tools to use he is the person to ask. He's also a great guy and very helpful but don't tell him I said that otherwise he'll think I'm buttering him up for my next favour!
    Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X