3-Leg Stand for Delta SS350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-Leg Stand for Delta SS350

I was wondering if anyone happens to know if the stand for the Dewalt DW788 can be adapted to fit a Delta SS350?

Have you Googled it , I google everything that I'm trying to find an answer too.......I would think that it would - but then it's a guess on my part too..............MB
    Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

KJS, I doubt that the holes would line up the same. You could always bolt a piece of plywood to the stand then drill new holes for the Delta. Good luck with it.
      Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

I built my own with a 24 in by 24 in table and 3 legs. I used 4x4's for the legs and put the single leg at the front so that I could get my knees under the table for closer visibility. I sit in a swivel office chair. Works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by marshall View Post
          Have you Googled it , I google everything that I'm trying to find an answer too.......I would think that it would - but then it's a guess on my part too..............MB

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Walker View Post
            KJS, I doubt that the holes would line up the same. You could always bolt a piece of plywood to the stand then drill new holes for the Delta. Good luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver_Sliver View Post
              I built my own with a 24 in by 24 in table and 3 legs. I used 4x4's for the legs and put the single leg at the front so that I could get my knees under the table for closer visibility. I sit in a swivel office chair. Works for me.
              Thanks Silver. I had thought about maybe building one myself, but figured after I added up the material costs plus the time spent running to the lumber yard and putting it all together, it would probably be less expensive for me to just buy the stand and bolt it together. I can order the Dewalt stand online for $69.00.

Comment

So this is the final result using the Delta/Dewalt stand I bought from another member here for my SS350. I made some spacer blocks out of 3/4" plywood for the front and rear recessed areas and attached a 24" X 30" 3/4" plywood base with some carriage bolts. Nice and sturdy and doesn't take up too much space. The extra work surface area will come in handy as well. Time to start making some sawdust.

Comment

Comment

KJS, looks like a very nice setup. You could install a foot switch at knee height on that stand. I put one on my saw stand and just bump it with my knee to turn the saw on and off. There is no sawdust on the floor or the stand. Enjoy your new saw.
                    Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Walker View Post
                      KJS, looks like a very nice setup. You could install a foot switch at knee height on that stand. I put one on my saw stand and just bump it with my knee to turn the saw on and off. There is no sawdust on the floor or the stand. Enjoy your new saw.
                      Thanks Mick. Good idea about the foot switch . I'm going to order one from McMaster-Carr this week.

Comment

That worked out well for both of us, Ken! The extra space is definitely an advantage. The cabinet I put my saw on has a large surface which gives me a place to put puzzle parts as I cut them. I'm planning to put a plywood lid on with holes for cups that I can keep blades in (the cabinet has a hole where the belt wen through for the old saw). Laying #2 blades on the surface looks like a recipe for losing them!
                        I also like the idea of a knee switch. While I was working I couldn't think of a good place for a foot pedal, but the knee one would be easy.
                        Anthony
                        "There's a very fine line between a groove and a rut."

Comment

Originally posted by Berone View Post
                          That worked out well for both of us, Ken! The extra space is definitely an advantage. The cabinet I put my saw on has a large surface which gives me a place to put puzzle parts as I cut them. I'm planning to put a plywood lid on with holes for cups that I can keep blades in (the cabinet has a hole where the belt wen through for the old saw). Laying #2 blades on the surface looks like a recipe for losing them!
                          I also like the idea of a knee switch. While I was working I couldn't think of a good place for a foot pedal, but the knee one would be easy.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X