Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta Blade Lock Won't Stay Locked

Hi everyone,

I am new to scrolling and have a Delta 350. I bought the saw brand new almost 4 years ago but life hasn't allowed me to use it until now. I set up my saw and start seeing what it will do. The first couple of times I changed blades, the quick release blade locks stayed locked. Now, all of a sudden, they won't. Can anyone help me please?

I removed your picture you will need to re-size it and then follow my instructions below.
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 11-21-2011, 07:00 PM.
    Kenn

Delta 350

I think you need to re-size your picture....

Just a tip...

Here is the preferred way to post photos. This method will apply a thumbnail so that messages load faster, keeping those who are still on dial up in mind.

If it is a new thread scroll down below the message box to additional options and look for manage attachments,Click on Manage Attachments, click Browse, find your file name on your computer, click it, then click Upload. It may take a few seconds to load.
    Once you see the file name under current attachments you can close the window.
    If you want you can Preview Post (a wise choice) then if all is well, click on Submit reply.

If you are uploading a picture to an existing thread (conversation)
    Click on the Go Advanced button under the reply box, Click on Manage Attachments, click Browse, find your file name on your computer, click it, then click Upload. It may take a few seconds to load.
    Once you see the file name under current attachments you can close the window.
    If you want you can Preview Post (a wise choice) then if all is well, click on Submit reply.
    Good luck
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

OK, Let's try this pic again. Thanks Wood.
      Attached Files
      Kenn

Delta 350

Comment

There ya go...Good job.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

If it is anything like my Q3 and other Delta quick change blade holders, there is a small U-shaped spring which holds the two halves of the blade holder together when you close the lever. If it is missing, it just won't stay closed. Been there, done that.

george
          A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
          George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

George is correct but also you might have to adjust the tension knob that tightens the clamp.

Comment

It appears that from the picture that you might have to back off the knob on the right just a tiny bit until the left lever locks into position. I had this problem before and found this to help me.

Comment

Kenn, I have a Delta with the quick change blade holders and had a similar problem. There was a small piece of a broken blade in it which wouldn't allow the blade to lock. I took the blasted thing apart to see what was going on. There are two springs in that thing: One is the U-shaped spring and another is a very, very, very tiny compression spring. Of course that's the one I lost. I had to get a replacement. So be careful if you take it apart.
                Dan H

I would rather be friendly to a stranger than be a stranger to my friends.

Comment

Thanks everyone for all of the input. I seem to be experiencing everyone's previous issues all in one.

I had tinkered with the tension thinking maybe it was too loose or too tight. Then I started taking the clamps apart to see if something was jammed up and whoops, lost one of those springs. I got another spring from the hardware store, put it all back together but still no luck.

I'm thinking I may need to order 2 whole new clamp setups. Looks like I'll spend Thanksgiving eating more turkey and watching more football.

Thanks again for the help. At least I know I was looking at the problem the right way.
                  Kenn

Delta 350

Comment

Good luck Keen, I have one of those locks on my Delta too. That is the reason I use my Hegner a lot. And I have changed the clamps 4 times..
                    Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                    Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                    Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Hi Kenn -no problem at all with my QuickLock clamps - I have the model 2 version on my saw. Assuming you have all the parts in place it does take a bit of trial and error to initially get them to work right but usually adjusting the knurled semi circular tightening nut correctly solves the problem. Screw it too far in and you can't close the clamps without a heck of a lot of pressure and risk breaking the levers, ease it back too far and the clamp won't grip the blade. Also check that the clamping surfaces have no oil on them - A light pass over with a fine size wet and dry paper with help. Don't forget that if you change blade sizes you will probably need to adjust that nut again.

Comment

Jim - Thanks for the info. I'll see if that makes a difference.
                        Kenn

Delta 350

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                          Pegas Large Scrollsaw Table
                          by cwmagee
                          A couple of months ago I ordered the Large Pegas Scroll Saw Table for my EX21 from Denny which I received about a week later. I installed it immediately and made a few test cuts. Since then I have been busy with several Urban renewal projects around house as well putting the yard to bed for the winter....
                          Today, 07:28 PM
                        • Rolf
                          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                          by Rolf
                          Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                          That is...
                          Today, 08:15 AM
                        • Jimern
                          Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                          by Jimern
                          The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                          Today, 06:29 AM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                          by will8989
                          The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                          Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Farmers market
                          by will8989
                          Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                          Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                        Working...
                        X