vibration ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vibration ?

I know that when you have junk you have junk. I have a 16" vs delta. Was given to me, so the price was right. Are thier any little tricks of the trade to take out a little of the vibration? I have learned a lot on this old saw ! A good one would probaly scare me !

Don't have a Delta but...

Mounting the saw to a firm heavy base always helps no matter the brand.... sometimes a real good cleaning of the arms and greasing and oiling will bring some of it down a notch...

Comment

Is the saw on a dedicated stand? If so, can you add some weight to the base? If the saw sits on a bench, put a piece of heavy carpet padding underneath to help dampen the vibration and bolt it directly to the bench top.

Otherwise check for any loose hardware on the saw itself. Sometimes fasteners work loose and can contribute to excessive vibration.
      Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Try placing the saw on a piece of carpeting or carpet pad. Then fasten it to a heavy workbench or saw stand. Having the stand setting on a concrete floor will help. Running the saw at a lower speed, most saws will vibrate when run at high speeds. Just the nature of the beasts. Good luck with it.
        Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Great minds think alike. We are all typing at the same tiime.
          Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jo Labre
            Reply to Joining the new tool frenzy
            by Jo Labre
            I cut a bunch of chakte viga and leopardwood pieces for the Viking project and the blade seems pretty good yet. I imagine if I were to only cut softer hardwoods (?) the blade would last quite a long time. Still - $25.00 is a lot more than the cost of standard scroll saw blades....
            Today, 02:36 PM
          • old fa_t
            Reply to Old,,,,but new here
            by old fa_t
            The room was supposed to be storage but it's my office? now with a roll top desk and a barristers bookcase.which I built when I was able.
            Today, 01:55 PM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Joining the new tool frenzy
            by Rolf
            Very nice! I really like your setup especially for the dust collection. I would have to figure out a way to re-weld the blade.
            And Oh to have wall space and organizational skills!
            Today, 09:55 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Old,,,,but new here
            by Rolf
            Welcome! As the others have said, lots of support and knowledge here ready to be shared.
            Is the 6 x10 your workspace or your entire apartment. ?
            Today, 09:34 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Log slice ornaments
            by Rolf
            Most of the cut outs were done with the scroll saw.
            Karl I have a couple of power carvers. The classic Dremel with a flex shaft I then bought a Ram Power carver, they both use 1/8 shank bits. I have a bunch of carbide cutters from when our Printed circuit board facility at work was dismantled....
            Today, 09:29 AM
          Working...
          X