Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paul44224
    replied
    Quick question. What are you trying to burn? Pine is not a good wood to burn on. Also, hardwoods are very difficult to burn. Try some baltic birch. Sand it to a 220 finish. I have seen a lot of fantastic work done with those "cheap" burners.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• JimSawyer
    replied
    Try this place...Greg Dorrance Co...He's got just about everything you need, and his shipping prices are really great.
    I've known him for years. Great guy

Leave a comment:

• kardar2
    replied
    Thanks for the info

Leave a comment:

• Bill Wilson
    replied
    Gotta admit that when I first read this post, I wondered. When did Walmart start selling wood stoves?

Leave a comment:

• north wood clocks
    replied
    Pyrography, wood burning tools and equipment - Razertip. has an excellent burner with hundrends of tips. Check the web site for a dealer near you or they could ship it from the factory. The owner, Cam Merkle, who is a carver himself, knows his stuff and is willing to answer questions. He provides good service. phone 1-887-729-3787 toll free. Box-store burners are cheap, but this one has worked for years, is easy to use, with a rapid heat up, and temperature control for different purposes.
    Hope this helps
    Norman

Leave a comment:

• paul44224
    replied
    Karl, Fox Chapel has a pyrography forum at Pyrography Online Messageboard
    Hope the link works for you. FC also had a magazine, one issue so far, that is still available that has a great list/rating of various woodburners. Also, great articles for the beginner or the pro!

Leave a comment:

• kardar2
    started a topic wood burners

wood burners

Hello All,
    Well I bought a wood burner from walmart and it is crap. Is there a good one out there. thanks Karl

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X