hitachi cw40 scroll saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hitachi cw40 scroll saw

I have a hitachi cw40 scroll saw and it stop working, I push in the breaker and it's
    still not working. Can anyone please help me with this ?

G'day Whitie, Moved you post so as you may get some more help
    Regards
    John
    "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
    Some of my Stuff
    Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

They get dust in the switch.Take out the two screws that hold on the switch and blow it out.If that don't work wiggle the wires around a bit,works for me.

Comment

Mine did that. Spin the movement (take off the green cover to see it) and then hit the switch. May need to do it a few times. Just a gremlin acting up.
        Got Moose?

Comment

On mine, the on/off switch went completely out. I just bypassed the switch, and I use a foot-pedal switch. Really makes scrolling so much nicer!

Paul
          www.flicker.com/photos/woodworks44224

Comment

Thanks everyone for the suggestions,i try them all none work. Is the a way to bypass the on/off switch
            to see if it still runs before i buy a foot switch

Comment

Originally posted by Whitie View Post
              Thanks everyone for the suggestions,i try them all none work. Is the a way to bypass the on/off switch
              to see if it still runs before i buy a foot switch
              There are probably only two wires on the actual switch body. Pull them off and make a wire jumper to go between them and then plug in the saw. If it starts, then the switch was bad.

Unless you are comfortable around hot wires, I would suggest jumping the connection first--then plug it in!
              Jim
              When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
              Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

check if you have good plug ( in the wall inlet ) couse with time it start to wear (from inside) lose leads , and it might be the switch too , you may bypass it or just make a short between the wires of the switch if it work, then you have bad switch if not then check , if there is a fuse inside the control board of the saw .

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X