New Addition........ TWINS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Addition........ TWINS!

Just got the new addition for my daughter to use (and granddaughter when she's older, just 3 months now) It is a type 1 Dewalt 788, on the left. On the right is a type 2 Dewalt. My daughter has taken an interest and I couldn't pass this saw by. Awesome deal! Looks like 2X sawdust this winter.

Tim
    Attached Files
    "All it Takes For the Forces of EVIL to Rule Is For Enough GOOD People To DO NOTHING!"

Saws: Excaliber 30; Dewalt 788 'Twins', Makita SJ401 (Retired), Grizzly G1012 18" Bandsaw

Now that is too cool! Congrats!
    ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Two saws ? Now that's just plain greedy. You wouldn't catch me being so self-indulgent, no sirreee!

Oh, I forgot, one's for the family. Yeah, right .

Gill
      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Tim,

If you practice real hard, maybe you can learn to use both at the same time - wouldn't that be something to see!!!! Kind of like stack cutting with a difference!

Gary
        Gary

My saw - Axminster AWSF18

Comment

Doesn't everybody have at least 2 saws?

Tim,
          I like your ring lamp holder, did you make it.?
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

There is a striking resemblance to my twins, except mine arent potty trained yet, theres piles of droppings under both of them! Congrats on the other saw. After you get a few hours on it, do a review of the series 2 compared to the number 1. Dale
            Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Thought about using one with left hand and other with right but........... don't think so. Wondered if I could use it as a duplicator? My daughter is coming over later this week to try it out. Wants to cut out some puzzles for my granddaughter.

Rolf - Yes the light holder is homemade. Got a pattern from Meisels about 3 years ago and made it.

Tim
              "All it Takes For the Forces of EVIL to Rule Is For Enough GOOD People To DO NOTHING!"

Saws: Excaliber 30; Dewalt 788 'Twins', Makita SJ401 (Retired), Grizzly G1012 18" Bandsaw

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                by will8989
                Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                Today, 10:32 AM
              • Sandy Oaks
                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                by Sandy Oaks
                As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                Today, 09:46 AM
              • NC Scroller
                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                by NC Scroller
                I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                Today, 07:42 AM
              • NC Scroller
                by NC Scroller
                I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
                Today, 07:39 AM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                by Linda In Phoenix
                I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                Yesterday, 10:01 PM
              Working...
              X