Right Blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Blade

I am cutting or rather trying to cut the layered deer scene with pattern that was in the Scroll Saw Woodworking mag. Wood is 1/4" curly maple. This is a new experience for me as I always cut in 1/8" oak plywood with a spiral blade. So, in the 1/4" thin wood maple I have been breaking about one blade per minute. I am using the Flying Dutchman XL 2/0 and I don't think its gonna get through the maple. Should I move up to a #1 or change to a different Flying Dutchman blade. I notice there is a 2/0 FDP that has more tpi and is a little thicker. Believe it or not I am most comfortable with a spiral blade but I don't think with this pattern that a spiral will give me the fine definition I need. So, flat bladers please help, I am lost.

kerry

Hi Kerry,
    If it is very intricate a # 1 and if not a # 3 of the UR series.
    FD Mike
    SD Mike

Comment

so the #1 FDP, I will order from you tomorrow

thanks Mike,

kerry

Comment

The FD-Polar has no reverse teeth.
        FD Mike
        SD Mike

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• daveswoodworking
          Ornament Exchange
          by daveswoodworking
          I have the Ornament and Secret Santa Exchange up and ready for everyone that what’s to join this year you have until nov. to sign up this year thank you all that joins up this year
          Yesterday, 08:12 PM
        • sawdustus
          Reply to compoud cut autumn leaves
          by sawdustus
          Thanks for the info Denny. When I cut acrylic I always use a skip tooth blade at a slower speed. I just did not realize that the epoxy would cut the same way as acrylic so I followed the materials list in the article.
          George
          Yesterday, 12:39 PM
        • sawdustus
          Reply to tooth fairy box
          by sawdustus
          OK folks, picture. I finally figured out how to upload a picture. Here is one each of my version of the oak and cherry boxes. Note the axle peg holding the top in place but allowing it to move.
          George
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          Yesterday, 12:34 PM
        • sawdustus
          Reply to compoud cut autumn leaves
          by sawdustus
          OK folks, picture....I finally figured out how to upload a picture. Here are a few of the autumn leaves I cut against the beautiful blue sky we had this morning.
          George
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          Yesterday, 12:32 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to What do you make
          by will8989
          Now the work really begins. Total of 14! Guess I forgot about some I previously cut....
          09-23-2021, 10:09 PM
        Working...
        X