Right Blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Blade

I am cutting or rather trying to cut the layered deer scene with pattern that was in the Scroll Saw Woodworking mag. Wood is 1/4" curly maple. This is a new experience for me as I always cut in 1/8" oak plywood with a spiral blade. So, in the 1/4" thin wood maple I have been breaking about one blade per minute. I am using the Flying Dutchman XL 2/0 and I don't think its gonna get through the maple. Should I move up to a #1 or change to a different Flying Dutchman blade. I notice there is a 2/0 FDP that has more tpi and is a little thicker. Believe it or not I am most comfortable with a spiral blade but I don't think with this pattern that a spiral will give me the fine definition I need. So, flat bladers please help, I am lost.

kerry

Hi Kerry,
    If it is very intricate a # 1 and if not a # 3 of the UR series.
    FD Mike
    SD Mike

Comment

so the #1 FDP, I will order from you tomorrow

thanks Mike,

kerry

Comment

The FD-Polar has no reverse teeth.
        FD Mike
        SD Mike

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• dottyblues
          Reply to Pattern Vault
          by dottyblues
          Thank you everyone especially KarlB for finding the pattern.
          Today, 12:20 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
          by Linda In Phoenix
          So after much debating, I bought a Sawstop table saw--the 36" contractor version, and now have a roll-your-eyes story too.
          I got a few discounts from my favorite hardwood store for buying from them. Yay!
          In a small shop I couldn't live without the mobile base.
          I also added the...
          Yesterday, 10:49 PM
        • will8989
          Supermax
          by will8989
          Bruce and the tech from Laguna finally caught up with each other after almost 2 weeks of phone tag. Bruce ran the sander for the tech and after checking a few things, it was determined it’s the bushing, probably. They are going to send a bushing for Bruce to replace it. If he has a problem replacing...
          Yesterday, 10:31 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to Help help
          by will8989
          Bruce lets it soak in on the cardholders, takes 24 hrs. I let everything drip for a few minutes then wipe excess off. 50/50 takes longer to dry than 40/60. I usually move everything upstairs and turn the ceiling fan on to to help it soak in. This finish takes 3-4 days to dry enough to take to shows....
          Yesterday, 10:11 PM
        • KarlB
          Reply to Pattern Vault
          by KarlB
          Here are the ones I made 9 years ago:

Karl...
          Yesterday, 10:05 PM
        Working...
        X