Right Blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Blade

I am cutting or rather trying to cut the layered deer scene with pattern that was in the Scroll Saw Woodworking mag. Wood is 1/4" curly maple. This is a new experience for me as I always cut in 1/8" oak plywood with a spiral blade. So, in the 1/4" thin wood maple I have been breaking about one blade per minute. I am using the Flying Dutchman XL 2/0 and I don't think its gonna get through the maple. Should I move up to a #1 or change to a different Flying Dutchman blade. I notice there is a 2/0 FDP that has more tpi and is a little thicker. Believe it or not I am most comfortable with a spiral blade but I don't think with this pattern that a spiral will give me the fine definition I need. So, flat bladers please help, I am lost.

kerry

Hi Kerry,
    If it is very intricate a # 1 and if not a # 3 of the UR series.
    FD Mike
    SD Mike

Comment

so the #1 FDP, I will order from you tomorrow

thanks Mike,

kerry

Comment

The FD-Polar has no reverse teeth.
        FD Mike
        SD Mike

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KarlB
          Reply to Cutting Styles
          by KarlB
          Sweet looking display. Excellent examples of the puzzles.

Karl
          Today, 09:18 PM
        • Tom in Ashland
          Fiona Kingdon pattern from Summer issue
          by Tom in Ashland
          Quarter inch BB with Red Gum (Australian Eucalyptus) veneer. My first attempt at veneering and there are a couple spots where there was not quit enough glue so small pieces of the veneer came off....
          Today, 07:59 PM
        • millwab
          Cutting Styles
          by millwab
          In preparation for a scrolling demonstration I decided to make up a piece that would show the different ways I've cut puzzles. It's 2 layers of 1/8" BB. The puzzles were cut out as tray puzzles and then glued back in so pieces wouldn't get lost as it was handled.
          Today, 04:41 PM
        • jim_mex
          Reply to Workshop extension and major facelift - a work in progress - update at 13 April
          by jim_mex
          Update at 13 AprilIts been almost a month since my last post and my shop extension is progressing albeit slowly largely due to me nibbling at it on a regular basis rather than sticking with it and going full blast to get it finished.

The outside
          of the extension is almost finished apart...
          Today, 03:45 PM
        • Rolf
          Reply to New Toy!
          by Rolf
          Quartz I only bought the air filter, That same model is sold by many distributors, I see Grizzly has it and several others. I was going to build one but this thing works great. I will get a charcoal filter for it also. Great when doing Pyrography. They also had a Pfingst brand flex shaft tool I haven't...
          Today, 07:50 AM
        Working...
        X