EX 21 bottom holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX 21 bottom holder

I know this has been answered before but I can't find it, so sorry. I am having trouble with the bottom blade holder on my EX 21 not holding the blade. After I cut for a short time I will have to redo the clamp. I am using FD blades and it does it on all blade sizes and wood.

Is there something I can do to the blade to help make it hold? Thanks

I don't know the set up of an EX21, but I have a 24" Craftsman and was having the same problem only mine was the top holder. I just took a file and filed the holding sides a little and so far so good! Might work for you too. Don
    Don

Comment

Had the same issue. Check the set screw on the left and be sure it is flush or just protrudes into the holder. Or just call Ray at Seyco.
      Got Moose?

Comment

What terry said or perhaps be sure and either scuff the end of the blades (both sides) with sand paper or wipe down with mineral spirits. if you have not been doing this, try cleaning the lower blade holder it may have some oil buildup most blades come with some oil on them to keep them from rusting.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Take the thumb screw out and clean the face where it touches the blade. Make sure you lightly sand the ends of every new blade before you insert it and you should have no more problems

Comment

Thanks for the advice! I will sand the ends and clean up the holding area an see what happens. I am sure this will fix it, thanks again.

Comment

I don't know the Excaliber saw, but I do know that once a blade starts to slip in its holder, it starts to wear a groove on the holding surface and this will only get worse until you do something, such as filing the groove out of the holder surface or replacing the holder.

The problem probably originates when the blade is not tightened sufficiently in the holder, allowing it to slip for the first time and it goes downhill from there.

Sanding the ends of every blade before you use it may work, but it is not addressing the real problem and should not be necessary.
              Ron
              www.turtleteasers.com

Comment

I took all of your advice an used sand paper on the blade before putting it in the saw. Also cleaned the clamp. I cut 1/2" walnut without one bit of trouble. The EX 21 is working like it should! Thanks

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X