new saw question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new saw question

what is a good entry level saw to get? ive been reading the what saw do you have post and still unsure what to get. ive been looking at the craftsman and skill ones around the $100ish range. im just worried because a while back i wanted a bandsaw and got the $100 craftsman and hated it (mostly because i wanted it to do more than it was capable of doing).

Just a little over a year ago I purchased the saw that Lowes is selling. It is a Portor Cable brand that has been sold as other brands during the last few years.
    It was a great saw to start on for me.
    I now have a used Hawk that I find to be a much better saw but cost, used, around 400 bucks. That is over twice the cost of the Lowes saw.
    My 5 cents worth.
    Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
    Desert Woodcrafters
    Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Zombie

My experience with power tools has taught me if it has the Craftsman name on it don't buy it. Try and find a copy of the magazine issue 40 they had a good run down of saws in every price range. I upgraded from my Craftsman to the Dewalt 788 and there is no comparison between the two.
      Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

Save youself the pain. Ex 30 or the Eclipse
        Last edited by Rainman2014; 10-12-2011, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
          Reply to Today’s market
          by will8989
          Bruce just called, total of 10 cardholders and birdhouses left, one Mary, Joseph and lamb, one pepper grinder and a basket to be picked up. He also sold the last dough board we had. Customers want to know what I’ll have next week! And I have a monster headache almost migraine. This has been an unbelievable...
          Today, 11:46 AM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to Ornament Exchange 2021
          by NC Scroller
          Family first. Prayers for Connie and you....
          Today, 07:56 AM
        • will8989
          Reply to San Antonio Rock N’Roll
          by will8989
          He did the Baltimore run in October and finished in a little over 10 minutes. Of course it’s a very hilly course here and flat in San Antonio. Very proud of all of them.
          Today, 01:10 AM
        • Rodney Brown
          Reply to San Antonio Rock N’Roll
          by Rodney Brown
          Congrats to all. I'm doing good to run to the bathroom! 😅
          Yesterday, 09:50 PM
        • will8989
          San Antonio Rock N’Roll
          by will8989
          Its a marathon not a dance. My 14 year old grandson ran a 8:50 mile in the 10k and finished 150 out of 1550 runners! My 12 year old granddaughter ran a 11:16 mile and came in 661 out of 1600 runners. Beat her mother by 100th of a second! I’m sure Sarah let her cross the line first. Tomorrow is the...
          Yesterday, 03:05 PM
        Working...
        X