Old for new DW788

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old for new DW788

My DW788 quit running about 2 months ago. Thought I'd be happy if I replaced it with a used Hegner Multimax 18V. Invested $400 in the used Hegner, over $300 more in upgrades and new parts, and still had a poorly performing saw. Decided to take the DW788 to the Dewalt Service Center in Charlotte, NC. Picked up my saw today, an old type 1 which I bought used, and sawed with it for four years. What Dewalt did was to jack up the table and drive a brand new DW788 type 1 saw under it! Total cost $210.99!!! It also has a 1 year warrantee. The advertised price for the total reconditioning is $259.99 on the Dewalt website. Needless to say, I am extremely happy and very pleased with my reconditioned saw. It ran as expected, without even a knock. Spent the last few hours happily sawing. KUDOS to the Dewalt Service Team--I am very greatful! And, no, I don't know how they happen to have a new DW788, but they assured me it was a TYPE 1.
    Manufacturer Of Heirloom Quality Sawdust

I wasn't born in the south, but I got here as fast as I could!

Dewalt DW788 Hegner Maximat 18

Bruce I am VERY glad to hear you are back in business.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim Lowder
      Reply to Question about tilting head saws
      by Jim Lowder
      Thank you everyone. I guess I just need to scroll more and have more patience with my abilities. You all are amazing...
      Yesterday, 08:08 PM
    • evilbadger
      Reply to Cutting Air
      by evilbadger
      How thick is that foam Randy? That turned out really nice.

The view on the house is nice but that 11 foot 3 ceiling height is killing me....
      Yesterday, 07:56 PM
    • Rolf
      by Rolf
      I have both types of saw A tilting table Hawk g426 and an Older Excalibur with a tilting head. Unlike Carole for bevel cuts I prefer the tilting head I do larger projects and it is easier for me.
      Regarding compound cuts they are cut at 90 degrees.

If I were in the market for a new...
      Yesterday, 05:38 PM
    • handibunny
      by handibunny
      If you have a good saw, and can set the table accurately, you should be good to go. Give a holler if you need help. ๐Ÿ˜

Randy, I swapped out the clamps on the Jet for the Pegas clamps as soon as they became available. I found the Jet clamps just too fidgety for my taste.
      Yesterday, 05:09 PM
    • Jim Lowder
      by Jim Lowder
      Thank you all for the info. Sounds like itโ€™s talent or practice issue not my saws. Wife already gave permission to buy a new one. I will wait tho
      Yesterday, 04:51 PM
    Working...
    X