Record planer thicknesser.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record planer thicknesser.

Any Brits outhere own a Record 260 planer thicknesser.
    Although I have had issues with my Record bandsaw, I really like the look of the
    260P/T, but don't know anything for or against it,apart from the salesmans patter.

Has anyone had any experiece with this machine, or recommend any other good brand.

Harry.

I'm not familiar with this planer . One thing I would ask is in regards to snipping . Perhaps you could get a demo and see if the board is snipped @ the beginning and end of the cut . There may be a lock to prevent snipe .

The other thing I would ask about is blade changing and if the blades are self adjusting .

Roger

Comment

Thanks Roger.

I have gathered quite a bit of info on this machine, The blades are not the disposable ones and are reversable. My main consideration is space it is very limited ,this tool would be ideal in this respect because it comes with a wheel base
      which will be handy to move into a corner when not in use. One thing that is putting me off is the fence, a few people have comlained about not been able to keep it at a 90 degree angle, which seems very odd to me surely not been able to keep things square defeats the object. I don't know about sniping, maybe i will have to try and get a demo as you suggest.

Many thanks
      Harry.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
        Reply to Farmers market
        by will8989
        Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
        Today, 10:31 PM
      • tgiro01
        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
        by tgiro01
        Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
        Today, 09:38 PM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
        by Linda In Phoenix
        It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
        Today, 06:47 PM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to Plastic puzzle
        by Linda In Phoenix
        Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
        Today, 06:38 PM
      • Jim Finn
        Reply to Farmers market "survey"
        by Jim Finn
        The fees here in Lubbock Texas are $45 per year plus $15 per 10' x 10' space each Saturday that I show up. . Crafters are limited to number and type (to avoid duplication, competition) Any kind of set up allowed, meaning, tent or truck or trailer. No insurance requirements, just a sellers permit from...
        Today, 04:48 PM
      Working...
      X