what blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what blades

As a new comer to scroll saws i hope that you chaps don't find my questions to boring, but living in Bournemouth, Great Briton i can not seem to find any good clear information on my new pastime. So here we go with the first of some really basic questions. I have been asked if i could make some puzzles for some young children and i dont know what are the best blades to get.
    Thanks Kingsley.

Hi kingsly

Best blades, good prices, cheap p&p.. sometimes even quicker delivery than if posted in the UK.

Mike's Workshop English featuring: my life story, a cancer survivor, scrollsawing samples and tips, community service, list of favorite sites and Flying Dutchman fretsaw blades for sale.

Comment

Mike 's Flying Dutchman Blades are on G.B. Ebay site now , also Try a mixed bag of them , Get cutting practice in with the blades - Some blades are never mine the quality feel the width class , It pays to buy the best . If get hold of SCROLLSAW HANDBOOK by Pat Spielman try Amazon Books , It has a whole chapter on Blades and it will give you ideas for lot of other subjects including puzzle cutting , Best supplier for Scrollsaws in U.K. is Axeminster Tools in Devon . Not that far from you in Dorset down the A35 - Well you should not be short of Wood with the New Forest on your doorstep ! Sam - Woodhants - UK Member

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
        Teach - Learn
        by Sandy Oaks
        A modified Sue Mey pattern to fit 1" x 4" x 10" Hard Maple. Cut on the Pegas scroll saw using a Pegas #5 MGT blade. One side says "TEACH". Flip it over and the other side says "LEARN". After sanding, dipped in diluted Shellac, sanded again and another dipping. Comments...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.
        Today, 12:13 PM
      • Sandy Oaks
        Reply to First Project - Stretching Cat
        by Sandy Oaks
        Very well done, especially for your first. I too like the added detail.
        Today, 11:22 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to Insertion of a marquetry pattern in a stained glass window
        by Rolf
        The end result is beautiful I really like that Hummingbird design....
        Today, 09:54 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to Help with spray adhesive
        by Rolf
        I have used all sorts of methods for putting on patterns. The only time I put a pattern directly on the wood is on Intarsia as the shaping process removes it. I only use blue tape under the pattern on very small projects.

I Use clear removable contact paper (shelf liner) on the wood and...
        Today, 09:51 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to Sanding and calibration disk.
        by Rolf
        I agree about how it was advertised, but it is my own fault, I know better. Just for curiosity I may strip the paint off and see how true the plate is.

The good thing is that while I had my saw blade off I cleaned it sprayed Crud cutter on it let it sit then wiped it off with a skotchbright...
        Today, 09:42 AM
      Working...
      X