Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me please red hawk for sale

Hello All.
    I have an opportunity to buy a red hawk 226 saw that is still in the box. this guy's wife bought it for him 15 years ago and he never took it out of the box. his wife said she bought it for $1500.00 I saw the box but did not look at the saw I just talked to the wife. she said how about a $1000.00 so I said I am not sure I will think about it. Her husband was out of town and will be back tomorrow and I will call him next week. So what do you guys think.

Hi Kardar2, I recently picked up a 10 year old 226 for $400. Even though it is still in the box I feel 1K is a little to high.
    JerryS

Comment

I wouldn't pay more than 50% of the retail price on any saw that is being bought second hand. A second hand saw comes without a warranty, so if anything should be wrong, you will pay the full price for any parts. If it's new in the box, they don't even know if it worked properly after they bought it. Good luck.
      Manufacturer Of Heirloom Quality Sawdust

I wasn't born in the south, but I got here as fast as I could!

Dewalt DW788 Hegner Maximat 18

Comment

Offer $750 and walk away if they say no.
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Well, if it is really new, you wont get a better deal any where. You need to decide if the going price for that saw today is worth it for the warranty. I think a grand may be a little high, but if it has'nt been used, I'd have to consider it if I were in the market. I see people in here pay $250.00 $300.00 for a used dewalt all the time. That's about half price for a used saw, you say this is still new ? Tough decision. Ray

Comment

Before you buy it, I would take it out of the box and set it up and actually cut with it. 15 years of just sitting there might have caused problems. I'm no mechanic, but don't wires and such deteriate?
            T
            Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Very good point about setting it up and trying it out, but, caution!!! After I bought the used Hegner, which had been sitting for a long time, I plugged it in and ran it when I got it home. Because of the excessive vibration and blade breakeage, I took it apart and discovered a cracked connector arm, which is mad of plastic. Hegner advised me that I probably caused the connector to break because I didn't properly lube the bearings and turn everything by hand allowing the oil to fully lubbricate the bearings. From my experience, I would now advise finding out everything you can about any particular machine prior to purchase, and trying it out. Simply turning it on after a long idle period, could cause damage.
              Manufacturer Of Heirloom Quality Sawdust

I wasn't born in the south, but I got here as fast as I could!

Dewalt DW788 Hegner Maximat 18

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X