Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX-21 vibration problem

I need help. PLEASE!!
    I've looked through older threads but can't seem to find a solution to my problem.
    I bought an Excalabur EX-21 about 3 months ago as an upgrade from my 788.
    It seemed to have slightly more vibration than I saw expecting but better than my 788 so I was happy.
    Well it has slowly gotten worse. Now I can't go above 1/2 speed without the plastic tension lever jumping up ruining the blade. I've tried different tensions etc but -- no go. It will sometimes even do it at full speed just running - not cutting. Guess that takes care of feed rates etc.
    I did find one thing to try, it said to tighten one bolt at the back, haven't yet as I need to go buy an 8mm open end wrench and bend it to get at the nut in the back. In that thread it said lifting the upper arm eliminated the vibration. I tried and it reduces it some but not a lot.
    Thanks a lot for any help !
    Bernie

One thing that can cause vibration in the EX-21 is having too much front/back motion in the blade. You can check this by running the saw at slow speed and holding a piece of white paper beside the blade so you can see the back/front motion. If it seems to be excessive, it is easily adjusted. There are 3 bolts holding the motor in place that are set into slots rather than into holes. Loosen those screws, then rotate the motor slowly while watching the blade motion. When the obvious back/front motion is gone or nearly gone, tighten the bolts, speed up the saw and see if the vibration is gone.

Don't mess with the bolt on the opposite side yet. Try this easy fix first.

Jan

Comment

I suggest you call Seyco. When my ex 30 did the exact same thing yours is doing I had to tighten the connecting rod bolt to cure the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BernieT67 View Post
        I need help. PLEASE!!
        I've looked through older threads but can't seem to find a solution to my problem.
        I bought an Excalabur EX-21 about 3 months ago as an upgrade from my 788.
        It seemed to have slightly more vibration than I saw expecting but better than my 788 so I was happy.
        Well it has slowly gotten worse. Now I can't go above 1/2 speed without the plastic tension lever jumping up ruining the blade. I've tried different tensions etc but -- no go. It will sometimes even do it at full speed just running - not cutting. Guess that takes care of feed rates etc.
        I did find one thing to try, it said to tighten one bolt at the back, haven't yet as I need to go buy an 8mm open end wrench and bend it to get at the nut in the back. In that thread it said lifting the upper arm eliminated the vibration. I tried and it reduces it some but not a lot.
        Thanks a lot for any help !
        Bernie
        Also if you go to Steve Goods site he did a review on a E 21 and had the same problem and shows you how to fix it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X