Possessed Dewalt 788

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possessed Dewalt 788

Hey guys, I am at a loss, I have had my saw for about a year and a half. Well yesterday I was cutting and all of a sudden my saw started changing speed on its own.. It also seemed to start vibrating alot more than normal. I shut it off and on a couple of times and turned the speed up and down, and then it stopped and started working again. It has done this one other time, about a month ago. Anyone else have this happen?

My speed would do that occasionally. Blow the dust out of the dial and try and protect that and your on/off switch from as much dust as possible. If you use a foot control blow it out regularly as well. Can't ofer any help with the vibration. I have yet to open my 788 and won't until I have to. Let a sleeping dog sleep.
    May the wind at you back .....
    Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

I agree with ya there, i really dont wont to tinker with it, I ran it all day today after following your suggestions, no trouble ( crosses fingers) thanks for your reply.

Comment

My last one did that just before it croaked. Luckily it was still under warranty. Hope you can figure out the problem.
        Janette
        www.square-designs.com

Comment

I've had my 788 for 3 years now & not any real problems-nock-on-wood-. I use a lot of spiral blades & they are my only problem---- (getting them fastened without breaking them). The twist is always the wrong way. I have tried twisting the ends straight, but, did you ever try holding those tiny little blades with a pliers? I'm not on a schedule, so I manage OK. It's just a "good ole yeller" saw.
          PERK

Comment

I have used it for the past couple of days without incident, I have my fingers crossed, I clean it about once an hour. ubgoofy I had the same problem with the spirals, I use them alot as well, I figured out that if you secure it to the bottom first, while leaving the top of the blade loose, I almost never have an issue anymore.

Comment

With my Dewalt using spiral blades I would hold the blade loosley and tighten the bottom screw. The blade woild turn a bit as I tightened then clamp down ok. The top screw would then tighten without bending or kinking the blade.
              Smitty
              Dewalt 788

Comment

wellll, unfortunately my problem came back, and my saw has now quit, I am taking it to a repair center today.. I have my first craft show at the end of the month... I am very sad lol...

Comment

Welll, I called the repair center today, was told that they had not even looked at my saw ... I said heck with it and ordered an EX-21...... will be here monday... I really loved my dewalt (when it worked) I hope the ex-21 will cut just as good, but actually hold up to my use...

Comment

G'day Prale,
                    I have both the Ex21 and Dewalt. The Dewalt had problems which made me order an Ex. I have repaired the Dewalt and it now sits ready for action if the Ex gives up the ghost.
                    Regards
                    John
                    "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
                    Some of my Stuff
                    Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

JohnB thats what i'm thinking, would be nice to have a good backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Prale View Post
                        Hey guys, I am at a loss, I have had my saw for about a year and a half. Well yesterday I was cutting and all of a sudden my saw started changing speed on its own.. It also seemed to start vibrating alot more than normal. I shut it off and on a couple of times and turned the speed up and down, and then it stopped and started working again. It has done this one other time, about a month ago. Anyone else have this happen?
                        I had my DeWalt for a little over a year when it would speed up by itself. It was spooky. lol It did this a few times, and then it stopped working all together. I took it into the repair shop. Seems the magnets in the motor had disconnected. I am now on my second motor. New motor is running like a top.

SQ
                        If you can't fix it with sawdust and glue, it's not worth fixing.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X