Hawk scroll saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk scroll saw

Does anyone know anything about Bushton Manufacturing who are supposedly now handling the RBI Hawk saw? Are they still in business? I've tried to call and email and nothing. No answering machine. I just acquired an 18 year old Hawk model 220VS and wanted some information about parts and the motor.
    This machine had been in a very dirty barn for years in Texas heat and humidity and it was a mess but amazingly it still works. It does have some condition problems but I had hoped to do a complete refurbish job but that may not be possible if The Bushton Company is not around.

don't give up yet. There are other Hawk folks on here that can answer this.
    I have one but not the info you want.

Comment

G'day lolwood,
      I popped your post here, so it will hopefully get some more attention.
      Regards
      John
      "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
      Some of my Stuff
      Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

They're still in business, 620-562-3557. You will want to speak to the boss when you call. They'll provide a xerographic copy of the user manual and parts list for the asking. From what I could see, everything is available should my 220VS need service.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I did finally get an email and parts are forth coming but I was never able to connect with them by phone.

Comment

I have called them a couple of times recently for parts, of couse they sent the wrong ones. they are still around and I hope to get the replacements soon. be very specific on the model as some of the parts now won't fit the older machines.
            So far not that thrilled with the customer service.

Comment

I know they are a small operation and I think they over extended themselves by trying to develop a new 16" saw. Maybe too much ambition too soon.
              But I really hope they get their act together I would hate to loose this resource.
              I still think that the G4 was the best scroll saw ever made (my opinion and there are many others)
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by rick.ther View Post
                I have called them a couple of times recently for parts, of couse they sent the wrong ones. they are still around and I hope to get the replacements soon. be very specific on the model as some of the parts now won't fit the older machines.
                So far not that thrilled with the customer service.
                The being specific on the model is always important when ordering parts for any type machie so do take care to get the right part numbers. I have had nothing but great results with any thing I have ordered since Bushton took over.
                Dennis

Comment

I was specific with the saw, model, serial# everything. still shipped wrong parts. 2 phone calls and still no parts replacing the ones that were wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                    I still think that the G4 was the best scroll saw ever made (my opinion and there are many others)

Rolf,
                    Why do you think the G4 is the best saw?
                    What put it over the top?

The reason I'm asking is because I have an opportunity to purchase a used G4 for $750.00. Looking for some input on the G4 as a whole and a used one @ $750.00

All the Best
                    Curt

Comment

If I could get a G4 for $750 I would buy it as a spare.
                      When I bought mine I was looking at the Hegner 18VS also a great saw. I got to use them side by side.
                      1. The lower clamps are up front in front of the angle adjustment and the clamp clips in allowing you to have a variety of blades set to go. Also if you strip out a clamp it is no big deal as it is not part of the saw mechanisms (Dewalt and Excalibur)
                      2. There is much more room between the upper arm and the table really great when cutting thick wood.
                      3. It top feeds and bottom feeds, The top feed is great when scrolling large fretwork.
                      4. The very large throat can be useful at times.
                      5. Plenty of beef. I was just cutting 2" thick walnut with an Olson PGT 5, and it did not faze it. Very smooth and quiet.
                      6. there is an adjustment in the lower arm for how perpendicular the blade is front to back.

I would try any saw before buying it especially a used one.
                      Last edited by Rolf; 02-21-2012, 12:29 PM.
                      Rolf
                      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I have been trying to contact them for a week- several emails and one phone message (I left that over the weekend so maybe I'll hear back next week!) If I don't hear from them, are there any other sources for Hawk parts? Due to careless movers, I need the rear assembly that includes everything from the aluminum cam-over handle (part 11 in the manual), the tension rod (part 92) and all the parts that hold it together and are threaded onto the rod (part 60, part 69, part 63, etc).

Hope they get back to me- our house sale closes next month and I have a whole garage to turn into my workshop!

Comment

I haven't been able to reach them by phone and my email has not been responded to either.

Oddly, I was in a very similar situation. I bought an old saw that was missing the very same parts but I had the cam handle. The other parts are easy to make. Some 3/4" thick aluminum cut into triangles with a hole drilled through them makes the wedges easily and the rod can be replaced with a piece of 1/4" threaded rod. The cam is a little tougher but a facsimile can be made to work. I hope you eventually hear from them but they seem to be out of business.

Comment

They are listed as one of the vendors that will be at the Midwest Trade show in August. Here is the contact info that they have listed:
                            Bushton Manufacturing, PO Box 127, Bushton, KS 67427
                            Phone 620-562-3557 Visit us online at www.hawkwoodworkingtools.com
                            E-mail: [email protected]

www.wix.com/tangowooddesign/home-page

Comment

I sent an email to that address 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing. If anyone has any luck contacting them please let us know.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X