Craftsman Saw..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftsman Saw..

I've seen some upgrade blade chucks for other saws, I'm wondering if there's one that would fit a Craftsman saw?
    I've tried everything but I just can't keep anything under a #5 blade in the chuck....or I brake them in half when I put tension to them..

my 20 incher is pretty much useless when it comes to delicate work...

there's a lady at work who is leaving us so I thought I would do one of those free humming bird patterns and give it to her as a going away present..

I need a new saw!

Trout
    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
    Fish are food, not friends!

http://www.pozsgaidesigns.com/ has one for some craftsman models.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

I have to confess...

while checking out the site Carl posted about a retro fit chuck for my saw I had to get out the owners manul to see what model I had..
      while I was reading the instuctions (in very small print) I found out that the tension for the blade can be adjusted by rotating the tension lever...

next time I won't wait 2 years to read the instructions..

Thanks again Carl for the link to that site...it might of helped me out without buying anything...

Trout
      Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
      Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

All I have to say about that Trout, is if you can do the job you are doing without adjusting the tension I can't wait to see what stuff you will be producing now!
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B'ville Scroller
          Reply to Looking for Feedback ...
          by B'ville Scroller
          Well ... I am SO glad we tempered our enthusiasm. Show is cancelled. Apparently, things did not go as planned. Maybe next year.
          Today, 10:30 PM
        • RJweb
          Reply to Bruce doing great
          by RJweb
          Glad to hear that, now be a good nurse, lol, RJ
          Today, 07:49 PM
        • will8989
          Bruce doing great
          by will8989
          Got to hospital at 5 and office didn’t open until 5:30. Could have slept to 4 instead of 3. Right knee replacement. Surgery was at 7, he was awake and up by 10:30, pt and out the door by 12. Not much to do today except take meds, and walk 10 minutes an hour. His knee has to bend back to 120 deg. Due...
          Today, 04:31 PM
        • Sandy Oaks
          Teach - Learn
          by Sandy Oaks
          A modified Sue Mey pattern to fit 1" x 4" x 10" Hard Maple. Cut on the Pegas scroll saw using a Pegas #5 MGT blade. One side says "TEACH". Flip it over and the other side says "LEARN". After sanding, dipped in diluted Shellac, sanded again and another dipping. Comments...
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.
          Today, 12:13 PM
        • Sandy Oaks
          Reply to First Project - Stretching Cat
          by Sandy Oaks
          Very well done, especially for your first. I too like the added detail.
          Today, 11:22 AM
        Working...
        X