Craftsman Saw..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftsman Saw..

I've seen some upgrade blade chucks for other saws, I'm wondering if there's one that would fit a Craftsman saw?
    I've tried everything but I just can't keep anything under a #5 blade in the chuck....or I brake them in half when I put tension to them..

my 20 incher is pretty much useless when it comes to delicate work...

there's a lady at work who is leaving us so I thought I would do one of those free humming bird patterns and give it to her as a going away present..

I need a new saw!

Trout
    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
    Fish are food, not friends!

http://www.pozsgaidesigns.com/ has one for some craftsman models.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

I have to confess...

while checking out the site Carl posted about a retro fit chuck for my saw I had to get out the owners manul to see what model I had..
      while I was reading the instuctions (in very small print) I found out that the tension for the blade can be adjusted by rotating the tension lever...

next time I won't wait 2 years to read the instructions..

Thanks again Carl for the link to that site...it might of helped me out without buying anything...

Trout
      Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
      Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

All I have to say about that Trout, is if you can do the job you are doing without adjusting the tension I can't wait to see what stuff you will be producing now!
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rodney Brown
          Reply to Flamingo
          by Rodney Brown
          Great project, Alex. Very clean cuts. Love the finish product.
          Today, 09:10 PM
        • Rodney Brown
          Reply to Wedding Sign
          by Rodney Brown
          Excellent work, Jim. A project that can be cherished a lifetime!
          Today, 09:08 PM
        • Jim McDonald
          Production mode
          by Jim McDonald
          Finally got my energy level up enough to drag the saw out and get started on thank you state magnets for for all of my critical care nurses and doctors. They truly became like family in those days.
          This is 24 of the first 34 I am doing. These are all cut from some 3/8" wood I had intended...
          Today, 06:48 PM
        • handibunny
          Reply to Wedding Sign
          by handibunny
          Beautiful piece of work, and beautiful girl. May you and your family have many happy years ahead!
          Today, 05:59 PM
        • Jim McDonald
          Wedding Sign
          by Jim McDonald
          I said in late winter I was going to make a sign for my son's wedding. Becky thought I was crazy for working on it so early, but considering my current health issues, I am glad I finished early.
          Knew nothing about making a sign, but knew I could cut, so I jumped in--blind to some of the challenges...
          Today, 02:45 PM
        Working...
        X