foot switch problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foot switch problem

well here we go again. if it is electric. i can mess it up. I know this has been talked about before. but now this is weird. today , I was cutting away.(for 5 hours) and when i let up on my foot switch, an pressed down again. the machine took off about 1500 rpm. and i was only going about 1000 rpms. when i went to turn it down. it would not. so i turned it up to 1700 rpms. then tured it down. some times with luck, and other times it wouldn't slow down. only when i put the blade in the wood, lefted my foot off , then back on. would it slow down. My Saw is a Hegner m18v. I work the poor thing to death. so is there something i can do to clean something? or is a part wearing out?
    I swear, i have been haveing bad luck on all this electicale stuff latly. my computer. and even the darn Tv. the remote on my tv, is more like a type righter. if i push the roung button, all heck breaks loose. If I didn't love fretwork so much, i think I would go back to horse and buggy days. I have a tredale sewing machine, maybe I should get a treadale scrollsaw. Maybe its time for a new saw. mmmmmmm Eclips maybe. your friend Evie

Evie....Try blowing the dust out of the footswitch with low pressure compressed air.....and up around the saw's speed control. Make sure you unplug the thing first!!!
    If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Thanks Neal. I was wondering if that might be the problem. turn it off first? you mean buy the switch? or unplug it? the way i am set up to scroll. the dust does fall on the foot switch. so hopefully thats it. that makes sence. thanks again. Evie

Edit. ok i read back and you said... unplug. ok thanks
      Last edited by minowevie; 08-07-2006, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Evie,
        Foot switches are usually just on and off. They have no affect on the speed.
        It sounds more like you have a problem with the speed controller.
        I don't have a Hegner so I can't help much there. Maybe you could send Advanced machinery an E-mail if Neals suggestion doesn't help.
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Rolf. maybe your right. hope not every thing on my Hegner, is seeled pretty well. but maybe , that is what i will do if the other thing doesn't work out. the more i think about it. the more i think Neal is right. for the dust does fall on my foot switch. and it does have a gap, where dust could get in. also the dust gets on the speed controle. I bluw it off , buy mouth. and that seemed to help.maybe there is something sticking things together. so well see. its to hot now to go back out to the shop. mmmmmmm lazy now. but thanks. it nice to see your friends are listening. thanks a million. Evie
          Last edited by minowevie; 08-07-2006, 05:40 PM.

Comment

I thought i would post a picture of the speed controle , clean of cours it is right beside the dust collecter. soooooo . darn maybe your right. Evie
            Attached Files

Comment

Evie,
              Just a thought, is the knob on the speed controller tight?
              Weird little silly things like that tend to bite me in the but on occasion.
              Like computer not working and finding a loose plug.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

If you haven't already, you might want to put surge protectors on all your electrical gear. We have very spotty electrical service here with a lot of brownouts and blackouts and it plays hob with the TVs and game systems and computers. Some of them are quite eccentric now

Comment

Evie....are you still having problems with the saw speed??
                  If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Hi Neal. i did what you said, and so far there is no more speed problems. i posted something on it the other day. but i must have done it in a differant thread. thans for your help. i also mentioned i tightend the blade , like every one sugjested. darn if that didn't really make a differants in my cutting. we all seem to get so much advice, from so many sorces, and sometimes , we just don't know the right thing to do. i have been cutting for some time now. and you would think i know it all.. Like, i like to think i do but the truth is. i still need all of you to help me out of a bind. thanks again. your friend Evie

also i think i will put serg protectors on my saws. good thinking. i do have it in my house. thanks.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X