Enlarge with overhead projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlarge with overhead projector

I had a musky pattern that I wanted to enlarge to trophy size and hang it on my garage. I tried using a photocopier and taped it together but had the lines not exactly line up. So I traced the pattern on a clear overhead plastic sheet and put it on an overhead projector and taped paper together and put it on the wall. I traced the projected image on the paper. I then cut it out with a spiral blade since it was two big to turn on my Dewalt. I now have an approx. 50 lb. musky on my garage and it didn't take a thousand casts. I was also lucky to attend a school auction and get an overhead projector for a $1.00. My next project is to enlarge and cut out the jumping buck in the last issue and silouette it on the back of my garage.

Hi Dirts. that sounds like a fun project. hope you get a picture to show us soon. that still sounds like alot of work , even with a spirale. how long are your arms. thats one of biggest problems with a long piece. is reaching into the project. far enouph to hold the piece close to the blade. you say 50 lbs. wow. I guess the wood held itself down. would love to see the finised piece.
    Evie

Comment

The musky weighs about 2 lbs, but it looks like a Trophy 50 lb. musky in size. The deer I will have to use a sabre saw with a scroll saw blade. I used those cutting out some unique victorian fence pickets. I found some renovation patterns on the net and enlarged them on a copy machine until they were the width of my boards. I cut it out with a sissors and traced the pattern on the first board and then cut it out and marked it pattern. I cut out close to 70 pickets but no one has a fence like mine. In fact on my driveway side I have one pattern and on the backside I have another pattern.
      My son is building a new house with beam ceilings and asked me if I would cut out designs out of 8X10" boards to cover the butt joints. I will do them in trees,leaves,wildlife,hunting and fishing from the northwoods. He was worried about the seam showing through the pattern. I will stain 1/4 backboards and glue them on the pattern board. I also suggested that I cut out the outline and push them out and stain them and then put them back in and push them out and glue them so they are raised.
      Last edited by Dirts; 07-22-2006, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Dirts, please if your able post some pictures of these projects! I for one would love to see them.
        Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Dirts

thanks for sharing the idea, add me to the list of folks wanting to see
          you finished project......... pete
          Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
          "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
            Dog Puzzle - Aussie
            by Sandy Oaks
            This is a custom order request. The pattern is by Harvey Byler purchased from WoodCraftByScott.com. I enlarged the pattern by 10%. Cut at home on the EX21 using FD UR #5 blades. The wood is Poplar approximately 7" x 9". Sanded with the Sand Flee and dipped in Shellac diluted 50% with...
            Today, 10:43 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
            by Rolf
            Quartz. What are you not certain of?
            I needed to make a couple of custom sized Octagonal replacement windows, I wanted the most precision. I don't remember where I bought it. If I had seen the bi-directional Incra 1000 I probably would have bought it instead. With the 2000 you have to choose...
            Today, 09:08 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
            by Rolf
            Love every bit of it! The lighting really makes it pop. Would you mind sharing the source for the lights that you used?...
            Today, 08:55 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
            by Rolf
            I am very curious as to how the the slots were cut? The lathe work part of it is simple....
            Today, 08:51 AM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Now that's one to make us smile! I've been meaning to try that sometime but procrastinating simply because I didn't stop to consider starting on an easier design to actually learn from. Great reminder. I love your jack-o-lantern!
            Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          Working...
          X