Dewalt stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewalt stand

Hi all. i was just wandering if someone could tell me if the stand is worth getting right now i have mine bolted to a bench and it works fine but i was looking into buying the stand, could someone maybe tell me the pros and cons of haveing it. i would appreciate it Rick

One thing I like about the DeWalt stand is that it's rear leg is adjustable, this allows me to elevate the rear of the saw higher then the front, tilting my table towards me at an angle, I prefer this angle of sight to cut my projects, the stand is designed with this in mind and still gives the saw plenty of stability.

My first saw was a Dremel 1680 and I used a stand with it also, but it didn't have this capibility, so I placed a 4x4 under the rear legs and achieved the desired angle I like.

I don't currently have the room to mount my saw to my work bench, plus it's not at the right height any way.

Bill
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Yes, I think the stand is worth it. It makes it easier to sit at the saw and get up close and personal. I've found that it's most comfortable for me to sit slightly to the right of center, with my left foot placed on the bottom brace of the stand. Of course your mileage may vary.
      Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Yes, the stand is a valuable piece. It does tilt by adding the extension on the back leg.Leave the bolts loose, then set the saw on and begin tightening the stand from the saw base, and work your way down. You will be happy with it I'm sure. Check ebay for a stand and compare prices. Dale
        Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

well i orded my stand today from amazon.com due to the positive feedback on it. thanks to all who replyed Rick

Comment

Hi . even though i don't have a Dewalt. i do have a stand on my saw. and it freed up space on my work tabale. you can put it anywhere. even out side. not only that. but you can bolt it to the flore. making it safer from thevfs. and more stabale. its hard to clamp a scrollsaw down on you tabale. at least thats been my experiants. you will injoy it more now with all the options that the ubove has given you. good luck and enjoy. your frined Evie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
              Reply to New tools
              by Quartz43
              I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
              Today, 03:40 PM
            • hotshot
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by hotshot
              You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
              Today, 02:27 PM
            • RJweb
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by RJweb
              I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
              Today, 01:31 PM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Shrink wrap systems
              by Linda In Phoenix
              What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
              Today, 11:51 AM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Sundays market
              by Linda In Phoenix
              Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
              Today, 11:39 AM
            Working...
            X