large carving blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• large carving blocks

Can someone help me locate where I can buy fairly large blocks of carving wood (ex: 24' or more long, 4' wide etc). I'm wanting to carve out a Navy ship. Email me .

Re: large carving blocks

Contact Don Wedll, has good prices and good wood..tell him Dave told you about it! (no cut, just said I would help pass the word!) http://members.tripod.com/~woodsource/index.html

Comment

You might check the Itascawoodproducts.com site for blocks. I see that they list baswood blocks up to 4x8x24 on their page. I have ordered from them with good results. Dick

Comment

Hi Jimmy,

You might give CrossCut Hardwoods a call. There Number is 503-224-9663. They are located in Portland, Or. where I live. I recently had an opportunity to go in and they have a good selection of woods of all kinds.

They have a web site www.emersonhardwood.com

I was looking for Bass wood to carve since my wife got me a few carving tools and a carving basics book for X-mas. They had planks I think 3 inches thick and some 4-5 inches thick. they sell by the board foot and will cut to length as long as the remaining piece is 6 foot long or longer...I found a piece of split bass wood in their waste bin that was suitable for what I needed and they sold it to me for a buck....normally they sell bass wood at I think $4.50/board foot, so give them a call or check their web site.

Chahlie

"let the chips fly!"

Comment

When you're buying mail order wood, the shipping is a significant part of the price, so I would suggest you try to select a source as close to your area as possible.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X