Avocado wood green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avocado wood green

Hi, I'm new to this board, but I have read all the beginner posts and could not find anything about avocado wood. A friend offered me 14 green stumps to carve if I wanted them. So my question is , do I? Any one ever carve avocado wood? Thanks Amy

Re: Avocado wood green

Never thought about it.....but I bet you could carve something on the pit! lol, maybe a woodspirit. As for the wood, sorry don't know. :P

Comment

I suggest you try a little first; if you don't like it, you can always
      'have it on the side'

Get it? 'Guacamole', avocado, on the side? Oh well,

I still suggest you try a little before committing to 14 stumps.

Comment

Havent tried avacado but other pear wood carves nicely. Softer than apple with not as much grain.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• millwab
          Reply to elementary questions
          by millwab
          Dan, your questions are a little tough to answer without knowing a little more about this puzzle you're cutting. That said, here are my thoughts:
          • First of all, it would be helpful to know the overall size of this puzzle and how many pieces you're thinking of cutting it into. 1/2" BB is pretty
          Yesterday, 07:09 PM
        • dwssr2
          elementary questions
          by dwssr2
          So I am making a puzzel for a co worker, not real intricagte, I am using 1/2 baltic birch, I almost always use fdur blades. My questions are what size blade sholuld I use, considering finish, and what size entry hole should I drill?
          Next question is how to finish? When painting puzzles, different...
          Yesterday, 11:49 AM
        • Sandy Oaks
          Reply to ArtCrafters - Pegas Scroll Saw Blades
          by Sandy Oaks
          Thanks Linda. I got the email and sent you a reply. I hope I answered the questions....
          Yesterday, 11:33 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to ArtCrafters - Pegas Scroll Saw Blades
          by Linda In Phoenix
          Hey Denny---I shot you an email with a few questions. I might just have to dip my toe into the world of Pegas blades vs FD. At least to try! Open minded explorations. Thank you ! Linda
          Yesterday, 10:29 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to Having a Betty week
          by Linda In Phoenix
          Be careful---soon she will be able to outrun you! Remember when fridges lasted for decades?! Glad she's doing well.
          Yesterday, 10:12 AM
        Working...
        X