Lighted magnifier placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighted magnifier placement

Question for Dewalt owners, I purchased a flexable lighted magnifier and am curious as to how others who have or use one attached it to their saw or stand? Placing it on my stand seems the most obvious due to the excessive weight it would place on the upper arm if located there. Any suggestions....
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

I made an auxilary table that bolts to the frame of the saw's table and sits to the side. I made it so that it holds tubes for blades and has room to put other things while I am using the saw. The light bolts to the back of the table. I will take a picture and post later.
    Dan

-Just do'in the best I can every day

Comment

I have my magnifier attached to the back of a cabinet sitting next to my saw.

The only thing to be careful of is that the arm of the magnifier/light doesn't interfere with working with large pieces of wood (if you do large projects). You can place the light almost anywhere if you generally work with small projects.

My advantage is having my second saw on the other side of that cabinet, so I can swing the magnifier/light from one saw to the other without having to reposition it.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I was thinking of something along the lines of what you described Dan, I'm limited on space in my work area and really have no place to attach it other then the stand, I'd like to see the pictures of your auxilary table, sounds like a winner to me.
        Bill

DeWalt 788

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

pictures

Here are a couple of pictures of the table I made.
          What I would do differently.
          1. Make the table wider.
          2. Make it deeper so that it comes closer to the front of the saw.
          3. Put a leg support on the end that hangs over for more stability.

Good luck!
          Attached Files
          Dan

Comment

I like the table, but have one more suggestion I would do diffrently.... paint it yella!!!! Dale
            Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

The whole thing was made from scrap wood and the paint was laying around. It was either blue or pink if I recall. I think I made the better choice!
              Dan

Comment

Looks good Dan, pretty much what I had invisioned doing myself. Thanks for posting your pics.

Dale, somehow I would expect that from you! Do you have a yellow car too?
                Bill

DeWalt 788

Comment

no, i have a white van, and a blue truck. but yes, I'd love a yella truck.

Seriously though, the only tools I have that wear a yella coat are my two scrollsaws. Dale
                  Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X