scroll saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scroll saw

is the price of a excalibur 21 worth the difference over a p-20 or a 788 it is about 400 dolllars in canada?

barnja,The P-20 is about $480 U.S. dollars. Depends on how much you are going to use it. The P-20 is a great, heavy weight, industrial type saw. Mick.
    Last edited by Mick Walker; 05-09-2006, 09:56 AM.
    Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

You are paying almost double for that saw.
      The man who got me started in scrolling swears by it.
      I couldn't justify the extra cost for the amount of scrolling I do.

I would have to say, if you can afford it, do it. If not then you will be fine with either of the other choices.
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

WOW ! ! . . $480.00 US for a Delta P-20 . That is a great price for that saw . I bought mine when it was $700.00 plus 14% taxes ($798.00) over three years ago. Of course the DeWalt was about the same price at that time because the Canadian dollar was so weak against the US dollar. Now with the Canadian dollar getting stronger by the week it is now worth about 90 ¢ compared to the US dollar. Back then the Canadian dollar was only worth about 68¢ compared to the US dollar.
        The gap is narrowing.
        W.Y.
        Last edited by William Young (SE BC); 05-09-2006, 05:02 PM.
        http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

Bill, check www.toolking.com. Delta P-20 for $475.98, includes shipping.
          Mick.
          Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
            Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
            by cwmagee
            I think it might be a letter that one would need to use the left index finger. Perhaps you need a heavier hammer.
            Today, 05:39 PM
          • jim_mex
            Reply to New tools
            by jim_mex
            Hi Rolf - the unit I bought will also do Tig welding once you buy the optional accessories - torch, nozzles etc: - plus it will do conventional stick welding too. I doubt I'll be heading down the TIG route anytime soon, at least not for the projects I have in mind at the moment.

I did a...
            Today, 05:26 PM
          • Rolf
            Reply to New tools
            by Rolf
            Jim I bought a mig welder the last time I did a frame off restoration on my TVR. I had a few frame cracks. I bought one that used shielding gas. I never really mastered the power vs feed vs moving the torch. Using it only a couple of times a year did not help.
            My dream was to buy a TIG so that...
            Today, 04:32 PM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Big week here
            by Rolf
            Yes you have had a great week.! It is really nice that your son shared this special moment. Regarding retirement, Almost 5 years for me, Never regreted my decision, not for an instant.
            Today, 04:19 PM
          • jim_mex
            New PC keyboard has an error
            by jim_mex
            Partly because I have trouble seeing small letters with my one remaining eye and also because my existing wireless keyboard gave up the ghost a couple of days back I went out this morning and bought a new wired keyboard from our local Oice Depot.

I chose one with really big blue illuminated...
            Today, 03:47 PM
          Working...
          X