Wood Differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Differences

What is the difference between Cypress Knees and Tupelo? Is there any? Are Cypress Knees and Tupelo the same kind of wood?

Re: Wood Differences

Tupelo comes from the tree that we called 'Tupelo Gum' in Louisiana where it grows and I was raised. Cypress 'knees' are the roots of the Cypress tree that grow up through the mud and water in the swamp to allow the tree to breathe. Tupelo is very much like basswood except a little harder and will hold details a little better. Cypress Knees are very soft and require very sharp tools.

Paul Guraedy
    Whooping Hollow Woods
    Alpena, ARkansas
    Paul Guraedy
    Whooping Hollow Woods
    Alpena, ARkansas

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
      Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
      by NC Scroller
      Only our riend Jim....😂😂😂
      Today, 06:24 AM
    • jim_mex
      Reply to New tools
      by jim_mex
      Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
      Yesterday, 11:14 PM
    • Hobbyhorse
      Reply to New tools
      by Hobbyhorse
      Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
      Yesterday, 11:03 PM
    • Hobbyhorse
      Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
      by Hobbyhorse
      Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
      Yesterday, 10:58 PM
    • KarlB
      Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
      by KarlB
      Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
      Yesterday, 09:41 PM
    Working...
    X