G4 vibration test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G4 vibration test

I read from time to time, about someone balancing a coin on the saw table, and it staying there while they saw. I just read on a web site, about a guy that had a middle priced saw and then upgraded to a high priced one, higher priced than my G4. And had a little video of sawing with a dime balanced on it. So with the stories by a couple of fellows saying the G4 vibrated a lot, I thought I would put it to the test. I had a hard time just balancing a dime on the table, maybe it was a round bottomed one, I don't know. But finally did and put the saw at highest speed. It only stayed about 15 seconds, but like I said it was a hard one to balance in the first place. So I got a nickel and tried it, and I guess I could saw all day with it there, if I didn't hit it moving the piece of wood. So I think I can say my saw doesn't vibrate very much. Just was wondering how it would do in the test, and I say it passed the test fine.

YEs, it sounds like it passed fine. I have sawed like that for a long time before. I did use a nickle, I cant get a dime to stand on edge on our kitchen table even, and to get my saw table that precisely level to try the dime, would be pointless. congrats on a great saw! Dale
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

I tried mine with a magnet, and it never fell at all.

It is always fun to try these tests. I got a new car the other day and I like to think you can't tell the motor is running. I don't know if it makes my car any more practical than the next but it is nice to imagine that it is.

I did once have a saw that would probably throw a ten pound bag of potatoes off the table if I turned it on and that was no fun at all to use.
      Somewhere in the middle is a saw I can afford.
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X