G4 vibration test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G4 vibration test

I read from time to time, about someone balancing a coin on the saw table, and it staying there while they saw. I just read on a web site, about a guy that had a middle priced saw and then upgraded to a high priced one, higher priced than my G4. And had a little video of sawing with a dime balanced on it. So with the stories by a couple of fellows saying the G4 vibrated a lot, I thought I would put it to the test. I had a hard time just balancing a dime on the table, maybe it was a round bottomed one, I don't know. But finally did and put the saw at highest speed. It only stayed about 15 seconds, but like I said it was a hard one to balance in the first place. So I got a nickel and tried it, and I guess I could saw all day with it there, if I didn't hit it moving the piece of wood. So I think I can say my saw doesn't vibrate very much. Just was wondering how it would do in the test, and I say it passed the test fine.

YEs, it sounds like it passed fine. I have sawed like that for a long time before. I did use a nickle, I cant get a dime to stand on edge on our kitchen table even, and to get my saw table that precisely level to try the dime, would be pointless. congrats on a great saw! Dale
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

I tried mine with a magnet, and it never fell at all.

It is always fun to try these tests. I got a new car the other day and I like to think you can't tell the motor is running. I don't know if it makes my car any more practical than the next but it is nice to imagine that it is.

I did once have a saw that would probably throw a ten pound bag of potatoes off the table if I turned it on and that was no fun at all to use.
      Somewhere in the middle is a saw I can afford.
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
        Reply to My covid angel
        by NC Scroller
        Whatever way you decide to do if you are happy and your brother in law is happy it was a good idea. If you really want to be brave use it as a learning experience. Make several of them using different suggestions and see the difference....
        Today, 12:35 PM
      • Bill Wilson
        Reply to Tough Decisions
        by Bill Wilson
        Well, unfortunately, I have also decided to let my subscription lapse. I've been debating it for the past couple years. It isn't so much the money, but it's more the disappointment when yet another issue has so little in it that really appeals to me. The final straw was this past Fall/Winter edition...
        Today, 09:51 AM
      • planeur
        Reply to My covid angel
        by planeur
        Thanks to all !😀 Your comment are very good and make sense!

My piece is 8"X8" X 1/2" thick.
        I though when I cutted the piece to do it in 1 piece or 4/5 , but after a while I decided to do it in one piece and carved it to have a 3D aspect.
        Was it a good idea.....?...
        Today, 09:45 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to My covid angel
        by Rolf
        Great designe! I would have gone a bit further than Linda, Scott and Gladefade I would cut it into more pieces to make shaping easier. Taper the clouds from right to left, taper the wings so that they are lower where they attach to the body. Taper the neck so that it looks like it is going into the...
        Today, 09:02 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to Tough Decisions
        by Rolf
        The never ending dilemma. I only get two magazines SSWWC and Wood carving Illustrated. Even if I don't make something in every issue there is usually something in each one that I have never tried and that will either challenge or inspire me. Yes I know that I do test cutting for them and they have occasionally...
        Today, 08:49 AM
      Working...
      X