Ryobi or Delta 9" Band Saw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryobi or Delta 9" Band Saw?

I am looking for a table top band saw and looked at the Ryobi and Delta 9".
    The Delta has a vac port but otherwise they seem to be the same. I intend to use it for simple 2X wood cuts of Hobby and Rocking horses for the local child care center. Both sell for $99.99.

Any sugestions and comments appreciated.

John

Old Dust

compare warrantys I would suggest. Im not familiar with either saw. Also, check the amount of metal parts on both of them. The one with more metal will probably run truer (is that a word evie?) and last longer. Dale
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

9 " saw

Also look at the blade guides and see which gives the blade the most support as close to the bottom of the table as possible. This will give you much more control.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I know the Ryobi has much more plastic parts on it then the Delta, For me that is one of the things I look at when buying tool's. Obviously plastic break easier then metal. I was talking with the tool guy at a local home improvement store, wont say the name but it rhymes with Home Depot. And he was telling me that he get's alot of people who own the Ryobi coming in looking for mostly the plastic on/off switch because it broke and they dont stock that piece so it has to be ordered from Ryobi and take's awhile. Other than that that's all I know.

My personnal opinion, the Delta seems to be built a little better than the Ryobi for that price range. Either way I am sure they are both good saws.
        Let us know what you deciede and how you like it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
          Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
          by NC Scroller
          I get them from Amazon. I normally buy them in packages of 100....
          Today, 07:37 AM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to Big week here
          by NC Scroller
          Leading up to my retirement I too worried about who would replace me. Truth be told I was more worried than my management. It took a couple months after my retirement for the feelings to go away. Now I only miss the people and not the job.
          Today, 07:32 AM
        • will8989
          Bruce, the one on probation
          by will8989
          is doing great in therapy. His range of motion is about 3 weeks ahead of where they expected him to be. He has zero strength in his hand or arm. He tried to grate some cheese, and he couldn’t hold the grater. The doctor had to do repair stitching on the muscle and that will take the longest to heal....
          Today, 12:59 AM
        • will8989
          Sundays market
          by will8989
          When we started out, it was 45 deg and rain. When we got there it was 44 deg and rain. By the time we left it stopped raining but was 42 deg. and windy. Luckily we are under cover but that doesn’t stop the wind. I sold 4 baskets, Sealife puzzle and a few other things. I moved the coffee grinders...
          Today, 12:46 AM
        • will8989
          Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
          by will8989
          I thought I read you use shrink wrapped bags for your puzzles. Where do you get them from?...
          Today, 12:27 AM
        Working...
        X