Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help

Please, if anyone own's a Dewalt saw or is thinking of buying one please read the following and the links. We can not allow DeWalt to continue to get away with the shoty manufacturing of there saw's and continue to praise them in this forum. If not for yourself but furture saw owners who spend hundred's of hard earned dollars on a saw that is suppose to bring enjoyment. If everyone would just take a few moments a read what has been sent from Dewalt customer service to myself and other 's in this forum I think you would all be surprised.

This is where it starts.

http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6770

This was Dewalts response

Response (Larry) 04/18/2006 10:55 AM
    Hello Corey, and thanks for using DEWALT's on-line support.
    I have ordered you a new table and I do not have to have the other table back. I would like to get the serial number from your unit. Part of the serial number is a manufacturing date code which would help us track the units down if we started getting more reports of bad tables.
    Table ships from Maryland, I would imagine you would have it within 7 to 10 business days.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. If your question remains unresolved or if you require additional information please update this incident.

Sincerely,

Larry Wagner

Than it goes here.

http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6830

This is the responce I emailed them...

Wow, wish I would of received the customer service that Berry from Bear Fretworks received!
    This information was received from a copied e-mail in the Scroll Saw WorkShop website and is pasted below.

http://www.scrollsawer.com/

Hello Barry, and thanks for using DEWALT's on-line support.

Thank you for the feed back. Again I thought a new table would have taken care of your problem but obviously it did not. Can you give me any idea how much it is raised? Unfortunately when I order a part through the computer, it goes to another location and I do not see the part. Since it was not a known issue, I made the assumption it was an isolated case and a table would have resolved the problem.

I have ordered a table from the warehouse, to have sent into my office so I can check our stock. I can keep you informed once I receive that table.

Sorry you were not happy with my response and I'm glad you emailed back. I will be in contact once I receive the table into my office.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. If your question remains unresolved or if you require additional information please update this incident.

Sincerely,

Larry Wagner

I don’t think you guy’s realize the importance of your situation! Your saw is being talked about on a forum that is WORLD WIDE! And people read post like Barry’s and mine, (follow the link)

http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6830

And potential customer’s base a decision on what saw to buy on what people like me (Scroller’s) and Berry have to say about a product and there customer service! NOBODY want’s to spend hundreds of dollars on a saw that COME’S with a defective table!!! And Larry, for you to sit there and tell me and other people, and I quote,

“This is not a problem that I have been hearing and I thought a new table would take care of the problem. It would also be possible that a lot of our users are not stacking their material so that could be one reason we do not hear of this being a problem.”

Is total B.S. and you know it!

Do you not realize that we see these e-mails in our forum and people are concerned about DeWALT’s response to them! When are you guy’s going to step up to the plate and say that you have a problem with the manufacturing process with your scroll saw tables. I personally do not want to have to drive an hour and 20 minutes to Portland to get a table fixed on a saw that I spent $400.00 on! It should be ready to go OUT OF THE BOX!!!
    I have no problem driving to Portland to get my table fixed if Dewalt is going to reimburse me for my gas bill @ $3.00 a gallon, in a Ford Expedition. I shouldn’t have to be the one to foot the bill for a faulty product! If I have to I will contact the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division of the state in which I reside, Oregon.

And to say it was an “Isolated case” is propostricious!

And to say,

“It would also be possible that a lot of our users are not stacking their material so that could be one reason we do not hear of this being a problem.”

Maybe you should spend about 10 minutes out of your day in our forum and do a little reading and then tell me scroller’s don’t stack cut!

Mr. Wagner your’s and your companies excusses are ridiclious! You are producing a faulty product and you and your company are more than aware of it. So let’s work together and fix the issues so people who are Dewalt owners will continue to be Dewalt owners in the furture!

This e-mail will be posted in the Scroll Saw Workshop forum and so will any replies or lack there of!

Thank you for you time and attention to this manor!

Corey D. Roberts

So can we ban together a take on the giant and make them do what they say they are doing? Or do we just lay down and take it. The choice is your's.

If you wish to particapte and not let them get away with what they are doing I urge you to send an e-mail to this address, and help a fellow scroller, well more than just one, out.

[email protected]

!

Dewalt tables

Methinks (yes I know it is not a word) you might have stirred things up.
    Good luck. I would like to think that the saw manufacturers monitor the forums, it is the Best place for feed back, good and bad.
    Even the engineering departments should read the sites. They might learn how to design an entry-level pinless saw with easy blade changing. Yes I know there are a few out there, but there should be more choices.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Methinks you need to reconsider your vocabulary, Rolf. It is a valid word, and in quite common usage.

Let's hope all this shakes DW up.

Gill
      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Gill,
        Thanks I feel so much better That explains why my spell checker didn't pick it up. It just doesn't sound right to me.

I have a lot of Dewalt tools and they have performed very well for me. I hope they read this thread and make good on the tables.
        Rolf

Comment

Just to back you up, here's what I sent.

I too received a 788 last December with a bad table that appeared to have the blade hole punched after machining. This problem has been heavily discussed on the Scroll Saw Workshop Forum, which I suggest your supervisors monitor. The table I received was off by over 1/16. For stack cutting, this is unacceptable. I bought mine from Western Tool in Portland Or. I live in Kalama, WA, a 150mile round trip to Portland. Western Tool agreed to give me a new machine. We checked every one in their stock but they had the same table problem. They sent me to your repair station in Portland where like you said to others who have contacted you, "We've never seen that problem before".

Portland arranged for a new one to be sent to my home but true to form, it was sent to Portland repair so I got to drive 150 miles one more time. It was flat this time. However, within a week, 3 weeks after my purchase, the variable speed went out. Loved the drive to Portland for the 3rd 150 mile drive. This time, I kept my flat table and replaced the machine. Of course the table in the box was bad.
          BTW, you do the math. What did my 788 cost me in time and money after 450 miles of aggravation?

FYI, While up until recently the 788 was the "scroll saw to get" on the Scroll Saw Workshop forum, it's now the Delta P-20.

Dewalt HAS A PROBLEM I Know you have lost a number of customers from the scroll saw workshop forum. My question is, has Black and Decker instructed your division to lower the quality control to save money on a previously respected brand?

Harris Gottlieb
          Kalama, WA
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Harris and Corey and others.;
            I sure hate to see you having to go through all this aggravation. I believe you are doing the right thing making it public. Too bad it has to come to this but in many cases the squeaky wheel gets the most grease.
            I have got results a few times in certain cases by making a problem public but I never do it until previous alternative attemts have failed. Such is your case here with your problem.
            Harris;
            I am glad you also included the problem with the Variable Speed because that is also far from being an isolated incident regardless of what they tell you from what I have seen on various sites as well as from my own experience.
            That is one of the many things I like about my 6 speed belt drive which supplies full power at all speeds. Although I only use one speed or occasionally a second speed year in, year out for all my scrolling , the saw is capable of 40 plus speeds for those that do like to change speeds more often and it only takes seconds to change speeds with a user friendly trouble free system. . But I do feel that any more than the standard six speeds is overkill for the majority of scrollers. .
            I sure hope you soon get your problem resolved without too much more added expense and eventually get one that will give you many years of good service.
            W.Y.
            http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

I do think its a horrible shame that something like this has to be dealt with in this way, but, I do think it possibly is the best way to get them to realize exactly what they are doing to their customers, both loyal dewalt users and the new ones looking for quality and value.dont get me wrong, I love my dewalts,and I still think they are a great value for the money, but to have to go through as much trouble as some of you have gone to have a quality one is ubsurd. I am sure someone( saw company reps) must be reading these forums all the time, but what they are getting out of it is beyond me, because I can not imagine ANY company watch their product get so much negative attention without even posting a message on how they are aware of the problems, or how they plan to fix them, or anything, not even a hello, and thanks for bringing up your views, or anything????????
              I also so often wondered another thing. I have been to at least 7 Scrollsaw picnics (tradeshows), I lost count now. Not once have I seen a rep for Dewalt, or Delta scrollsaws ! These are two HUGE players in the scrollsaw industry, and I cant understand why they never have a presence at the shows. Sure, Woodcraft from Madison brought and sold every Dewalt scrollsaw they had in stock in Richland Center a couple years ago, and I know my demoing a dewalt saw in the saw corral was totally responsible for selling at least 2 of them that day. But why dont the companies like Delta and Dewalt send a rep out with a few saws, or literature, or anything? Heck, I even emailed Dewalt about my willingness to demo using a Dewalt all day at a show, and take orders or something, but I never heard any response on it. The saws I see regularly at booths at the picnics are, RBI, PSWood, Hegner (some shows),Eclipse,Excaliber,Dremel (yes, dremel, which by the way is the only one of these brands that I consider in the entry level price range). There may be others, but thats all I can think of regularly seeing. So why dont the two biggest companies, Dewalt and Delta make a showing?
              I do hope Dewalt gets their quality back to where it was a few years ago, because I dont like recommending a product that I dont use myself. Dale
              Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Saw reps

We just had our annual wood working show in April. The only Rep we had was for Hegner saws. None of the others were represented. The lower end saws are usually represented by our local tool suppliers not the manufacturers. That is where my wife bought me my first Delta saw a couple of years ago.
                I can sort of understand the high end saw people for not coming to NY, it is very expensive and the probability of selling a saw is slim. But they certainly should be at the big scroll saw picnics.
                I let a couple of people use my G4 at the show and one of those people bought a saw.
                Rolf

Comment

Update

Here is the most recent email's in this whole event, Look's like DeWalt is going to take of problem, just not sure when!

Response (Larry) 05/03/2006 01:01 PM
                  Mr. Roberts
                  If the table we sent you was not better, I agree to order more may just prolong getting your unit taken care of. I do not have a problem ordering a table to my office, so I can see it before we send it out. Or if you prefer, I can send a prepaid UPS label to have your unit sent to the Portland service center. I will wok with you all I can to get this taken care of. I'm sorry if you felt my response was not sensitive to your problem.
                  This unit has been on the market since around 1997 and has been a very good unit for DeWalt and our customers. I'm not saying that we never have a unit failure or a unit problem but personally on the 1-800-4DeWalt line it has not been a repetitive call that we get. I will go in and read some of the reviews on line.
                  Believe me when I say I will do all I can to take care of your problem. If you wish to speak to me personally you can call 1-800-433-9258 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. Monday through Friday EST. or give me a convenient time to call you and I can give you a call if you would like to handle it over the phone.
                  Looking forward to hearing back from you.
                  Larry

Sincerely,

Larry Wagner

Then I sent this in response to that email,

Customer (Corey Roberts) 05/04/2006 01:26 AM
                  Mr. Wagner,

Sorry if my last email was rude, I did not intend it to be that way. I was
                  just a little upset about the whole ordeal, spending that much money on a
                  saw and having not one, but two bad tables, and still not being able to use
                  my saw. I do appreciate your effort's to resolve this situation. I can wait
                  if you would like to have the table shipped to your office and inspected
                  first before shipping it to me. Just so you know the area that I have been
                  having a problem with is right where the tear drop hole is cut into the
                  table, if you put a straight edge across it in different spot's, mostly
                  towards the front of the hole, and a light behind it you will be able to see
                  what I am talking about. In fact on mine the straight edge actually rocks
                  left and right anywhere from 1/32 to 1/16 of an inch.

Just let me know what you would like to do.

Thank you for your time and your effort's to resolve this situation.

Sincerely,

Corey D. Roberts

Than this was DeWalt response to that.

Response (Larry) 05/04/2006 01:01 PM
                  I do understand your frustration and if any way possible I will get this resolved for you. I have ordered some tables to me office so I can inspect them. Once I receive those I will get one sent to you.

Sincerely,

Larry Wagner

Wonder how long it will take and how many tables he will have to go threw to find me a good one. Maybe if he has to spend day's trying to find a good table they will relieze "WOW we do have a problem with the manufacturing process of our tables!"

Will keep you all posted on furture happenings.
                  Thank you all for your help I REALLY appericate it!
                  It's a great feeling to know that I wasnt alone on this issue!

Comment

Superman0617 - Glad to hear things appear to be working out for you. I've exchanged a few e-mails with Mr. Wagner myself. Without taking up a whole bunch of space, suffice it to say he is helping me get my table looked at, is sincere and professional in his notes, and I would wager HAS been following these threads and this board based on some comments he typed that could only have came from here.

So, so far so good. Dewalt is responding the way they should. The next step will be to get them to "fix" the problem before pawning it off on customers.
                    ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Bear, good to hear they are taking care of you, yes, Mr. Wagner is very professional in all his corespondances with me also. Hopefully both of our issues will be taken care of SOON! I WANT TO CUT SOMETHING!!! I wonder if they will change the way the table's are manufactured??? If they are indeed following this forum you would think it would be something they would want to look into.

Comment

Dewalt tables?

Just curious, any update on the table issue?
                        Rolf

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X