G4 table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G4 table

I bought a new RBI G4 last week. The table is off 1/2 degree, that is after I made all the adjustment I can. Has anyone else had this problem? I talked to them on the phone and all they can say is kick the legs out, and that should do it. Well it didn't, but I love the way it saws, if I ever get my fingers trained to get the bottom blade holder right, as it don't always hold, as I'm not getting the blade in it right I guess. But I want to top feed, so I have to learn how. Like I told them I guess I will just set the table at 1 degree and then add one on to it, if I want 3 put it at 4, as that will work, at least better than 1/2 anyway. It just seems like on a saw that cost that much they would do whatever to make it right. Or am I wrong and just to picky?

Keep calling them and bugging them if your not happy. I have had my G4 for just over a year. I have had to call them acouple of times on different things. Did you talk to Mark? My Father-in law has had his about the same amount of time as me and His table wouldn't even tilt when he got his. I love the saw and sometimes just like a car you get one that gives you a little trouble. Jost keep bugging them they will make it right.

Kevin
    When you hit rock bottom the only answer is to look up

Comment

Yes, Keep on them! At first I read your heading thinking the table was not flat, but now I see what you mean, its out of square with the blade. I think thats not to much of a tragedy, and now that you know it shouldnt be a bother to much. And yes, if you want to be a top feeder, by all means learn it that way right now, not after your used to bottom feeding. Good luck with the saw, I just got an email on a really good sale on the Hawk site. dale
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Have had numerous problems with my G4, but never had the table out of tilt. I have called them everytime and they always told me what to do. I have also received many parts, all at no cost. It has a 6 year warranty, and they seem to stand by it. I beleive I had purchased one of the first one's out of production, and like a new line, it had it share of flaws. Like heavykevy says keep after them,they have to make it right.(remember, they ask you to keep the box that it came in). Hope this helps. Bob
        Be the good,
        you want to see in the world...

Comment

Originally posted by lucky788scroller
          Yes, Keep on them! At first I read your heading thinking the table was not flat, but now I see what you mean, its out of square with the blade. I think thats not to much of a tragedy, and now that you know it shouldnt be a bother to much. And yes, if you want to be a top feeder, by all means learn it that way right now, not after your used to bottom feeding. Good luck with the saw, I just got an email on a really good sale on the Hawk site. dale
          Like you say its not to much of a tragedy, as I don't do much sawing with the table tilted. Its just that I don't like for something to not work like it is suppose to. I also have a Hegner 14E, that I could use to do tilt sawing if I wanted to do it, as it works fine on the tilt. I know they say you can't, but I have been using a fan speed control on it years and it has worked OK. I have also been thinking if I can find a buyer, that I might sell it, as I only do fretwork as a hobby, and so far after a few years I never have sold any, just gave it to friends and family. And am also 72 and don't have a lot of money, to waste. So I may call them tomorrow and see what they say about fixing it. Thanks for the replys.

Comment

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. But if the table is off 1/2 degree... couldn't you just tilt it the other direction 1/2 degree to get square?

Or are you saying that the gauge is off 1/2 degree and that bothers you?

confused...

Comment

The pointer is adjustable like one degree. And if I adjust the pointer as far as it will go, it is still 1/2 degree from 0 when the table is square with the blade. I can adjust it back and put it on 1 degree, and then set the table square, with the blade, but doesn't read 0, it reads 1 degree. It makes it kind of confusing if you want to tilt the table, as it won't read what it really is, it will be off 1 degree this way. If I adjust it as far as it will go in the one direction, it will read 1/2 degree off, so then you are off 1/2 degree from where you want to set it. I am bothered when you pay this much for a saw, it should be right. Maybe to some people this isn't much money, but when you are on social security, it is a lot of money.

Comment

I do agree that its a lot of money, and that yes, you payed for a perfect saw, you deserve a perfect saw. What I meant was that its minor compared to say the table being warped, twisted , cracked, ect. At least you are aware of the situation and can still saw while trying to get the thing fixed up right. One more suggestion, if you arent getting satisfaction from the CSR you talk with, email them the link to this thread to remind them that its not just you that are watching for a remedy, but possibly thousands of potential customers frequenting here. Good luck, Dale
                Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

My G4 table tilts left or right. So I'm confused how you can't get the table square?

I guess I've not paid that much attention to the 'pointer'. I was taught when I was a wee little lad to always use a perfect/different source to measure your angle of cuts. Meaning a square, level...or other device. I use a level to make sure my table is square. I first measure the 'red' table then set the table to that exact setting. Because if I just measure just the table, my floor may not be 'square' with the earth.

Comment

Well, I called RBI this morning, and he said he was not sure just what was causing the problem. So his answer was to put a washer under the table, to make it square. He said there was a number of things I could do, and he told me a couple, but he said they could cause as many problems as they could help. Whereas the washer would work, without causing problems. He said they use to have shims to fix this kind of problem, but he didn't see any there now. So I guess he is saying they have had the problem in the past with other saws they have. So I took one bolt out and loosed the other one, and put a washer under it. Then I was able to square the table with the blade and set the pointer to zero. So all is well now. Not the answer I had hoped for, but it's working, so I can live with that. At least now, I can set it to like 5 degrees and know that is where it is at.

Comment

let me get this straight, you paid all that money for your saw and they told you to put a 5 cents washer under the table to make it square? They've had this problem before but still haven't solved it? What will they tell you when you have a MAJOR problem with it? Like the motor not working properly? Touch two bare wires together and keep your fingers crossed? I'm not trying to make light of this, I just think for all that money I would have expected a better answer. You're right, it's not a major problem but still a problem and I find their answer unacceptable. This tells me their quality control is rather lacking, to say the least. More importantly, I find their attitude unacceptable also. Translation: We got his money so what if its not right? I would have packed it up and sent back and stated the reason as poor quality control and unacceptable attitude!!!! And I would have told them I would never ever recommend their saw to anyone!! However, I am glad you got the problem solved.
                      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

chances are, that is exactly the way they would have fixed it if they serviced it for him.I dont see that big of a problem with that fix. And, they DID get back to him quickly, and DID fix the problem. Dale
                        Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Yes I can live with the fix they gave me, well I made the one I did, as he told me to put a washer under the base mount of the saw. And I knew that would show, so I told him, I had thought of putting one under the table mount, when I was trying to figure out how to fix it before I called. He said that would work also to go ahead with it. Mark the G4 man wasn't there, has some kind of family problem, sick or something, so I talked to Tony, who seemed to know pretty much what he was talking about. Sent me a little key chain thing, that you can use as a square and has a level on it and a tape, got it in the mail today. So it looks like they are trying to make me happy. I love the way it saws, a lot better than the 14E Hegner, to me. Of course the Hawk has its own stand and I made the stand for the Hegner from Wood Magazine plans from years ago. It being of wood lets it vibrate more than the Hawk stand.

Comment

RBI support

I have had my G4 for about a year. I have had a couple of minor problems that RBI took care of very quickly. I did discover that my table was crowned and they sent me a new one no questions asked. You can't ask for better support than that. Every piece of equipment that I have in my shop and at work needs an occasional tweak comes with the territory.
                            Shimming a table to make it perfect is a great solution, certainly nothing I would send a saw back for.
                            Rolf
                            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                              Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                              by will8989
                              This market is run a little different than most. All monies collected go back into the market. Each month they put on a different event to draw in people. The budget is usually $600 in the busy months. The pavilion is well maintained with sides that pull down in the colder months. The only time Sunday...
                              Today, 01:41 AM
                            • cwmagee
                              Pegas Large Scrollsaw Table
                              by cwmagee
                              A couple of months ago I ordered the Large Pegas Scroll Saw Table for my EX21 from Denny which I received about a week later. I installed it immediately and made a few test cuts. Since then I have been busy with several Urban renewal projects around house as well putting the yard to bed for the winter....
                              Yesterday, 07:28 PM
                            • Rolf
                              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                              by Rolf
                              Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                              That is...
                              Yesterday, 08:15 AM
                            • Jimern
                              by Jimern
                              The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                              Yesterday, 06:29 AM
                            • will8989
                              by will8989
                              The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                              10-20-2020, 11:10 PM
                            Working...
                            X