Hegner Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hegner Help

I am currently using a Hegner MultiMax 18V. I love the cut quality, motor, table, etc. but, I'd like to try this as a top feed saw as I am doing more fretwork lately. Anyone been able to switch the clamps or come up with a system to do so?
    Does Hegner (Or anyone else) make a clamp for top feed?
    Thanks,
    Dave

Hegner was never designed to be top fed therefore I have never heard of anyone being able to modify it to do so..
    W.Y.
    http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

Top feeder!

I always suspected the Hegner owners were bottom feeders.
      We the RBI G4 guys can feed anywere. So does my Delta.
      When our club meets the Hegners used to be on one side of the old barn where we meet and the OTHER saw owners on the other side. (pure coincedence, but worthy of lots of harasment and laughs. We have since integrated.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf
        I always suspected the Hegner owners were bottom feeders.
        We the RBI G4 guys can feed anywere. So does my Delta.
        When our club meets the Hegners used to be on one side of the old barn where we meet and the OTHER saw owners on the other side. (pure coincedence, but worthy of lots of harasment and laughs. We have since integrated.
        Being a fisherwomen: I like bottom feeders. thats where you catch the best fish. but for real Idon't know if I would like top feeding my blade. I have enouph troubale getting the blade in straight on top where I can see it. I would like to try it someday. your friend Evie

Comment

Top feeding

I had not done much top feeding on my saw until I did Jeff Zuffino's train picture( Old and New). I used very small holes (#68 drill .027") and lots of them. It was very difficult to feed the blade from the bottom in the center of pattern. The top feeding became second nature. The RBI arm pops up when you release the bottom blade clamp (like that gadget on the Dewalts) and then there is a small lever that holds the arm down will you re-clamp the blade. Overall I still prefer bottom feeding.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X