Masonite use, outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masonite use, outdoors

??? ??? I was recently given several sheets of 2'x2'x1/8' masonite, now I know that masonite is not reccommended for outdoor use. But the majority of my pieces ( whirligigs and Vanes) are used outdoors. My question is...... Can I seal it and then paint it with two coats of Acrylic (sp?)enamel ?? I would normally ask this of my woodworking room, but sadly it is gone.(Tired of getting hacked). I would appreciate any input.

thanks

steve

Re: Masonite use, outdoors

Sure you can. I am currently working on some outdoor sculpture, (not wood) and Im coating it with a polyester epoxy resin, then auto style paint. The resin is what you coat fiberglass with, and is very durable.
    I Cut It Six Times And It's Still Too Short!!!

Comment

If you don't get an answer to your problem here, you might try over at www.woodmagazine.com

Comment

You might also consider Marine Quality Polyurethane. It's made for use on boats and has UV protection too. It is clear so you can paint your work any color and seal it. I use it on walking sticks.

Comment

As long as it's sealed up well it will hold up pretty good. My old woodshed was sided with it and had nothing but paint to protect it and it was still in good shape after 10 years when I tore it down and built a bigger one (used real siding on this one).

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X