scroll saw stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scroll saw stand

As I mentioned before, I'm not a native tool-user ;p I love my scroll saw, though! I have my Dewalt 788 on an old kitchen table right now, but it's too high to be comfortable for long. I sit in an office chair most of the time at wheelchair height. I have only found one stand short enough for people sitting:

http://www.rbiwoodtools.com/s/dynami...il.cfm?pid=252

or I thought about cutting down the Dewalt stand:

http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/at...productID=1797

but that doesn't look too easy. Do you all think the Dewalt would fit OK on the RBI stand?

I am not sure if that saw will fit on the other stand.
    I did find a scroll saw stand pattern that I know would work for you.

It looks easy to construct and features a tilt top.

I know it didnt answer your post but I hope it helps
    Last edited by CanadianScroller; 02-24-2006, 07:58 AM.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

That is extremely helpful; thank you very much Even a klutz like me should be able to build that. Or something sorta like it ;p (What do you mean the legs have to be all the same length? Well, shoot!)

Comment

Mag - as you know I am also in a wheelchair but I have my scroll saw attached to a old wooden endtable from the living room --It has the legs of the table tightened real good and it is good and solid but I bolted my saw right into the table -- and vayylaa instand wheelchair accessible saw table. I just rool right up to it and saw away.. Actually all my tools are fixed this way so I can get around my shop easy alone.. My son lower my chair as low as it would go and we ( he ) took the legws off and I am able to go anwhere I want in my shop-I use a manual chair in my shop and one in my sewing room - it is made the same way - but to go from room to room I use a electric one.
        the sawdust wont hurt the manual chairs at all ..
        Hope this helps...
        Your son can pick you up a old end table at the goodwill?salvation army thrift stores or a garage sale pretty cheap.
        sHARON

Comment

Magpie, where are you located?If you arent to faraway, I would be happy to help you get your saw at a user friendly height. dale
          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Magpie, here is another option for you.

http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/sto...y/data/220.xml

I wasn't sure if you were in a wheelchair or just using that height as a frame of reference. Either way, the base on this is narrow enough to straddle with a wheelchair and the height can be adjusted to suit your need. You can also make the back leg higher to let the saw tilt toward you.

Bruce
            Bruce
            . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
            visit sometime
            Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Comment

We live in a North Florida university town and decent used furniture is actually quite hard to find until the summer, and I can't wait My son looked at these wonderful plans and thinks he can knock together something like that pretty well--he's short on experience but long on can-do. I'm not glued to the wheelchair yet but I do use one sometimes, and I can walk fairly well but standing just bites the big one. We have concrete floors with tile so that will help with stability issues.

Dale, that is so kind of you to offer; thank you very much. This board has the most helpful people of any forum board I have ever read, and you are at the top of the list.

Sharon, you have a sewing room AND a shop--I'm so jealous I'm coming out to toilet paper your house! You have been warned!

Comment

Yes mag I do -- I had a house bought for me by my mom when my dad died in 93. She said this way I will always have a home .. sweet of her wasn't it? any way when my ex became a ex in 2000 and my son went into the army I had a big 3/1 1/2/2 house to be all alone in. Since I am alone I figured why waste the rooms.. so I made every room to where I use it almost every day- except my sewing room and I'm in the mood to saw not sew.
                I kept my sons room for him which he came home and uses again. but I am a country girl living in the country and I wouldn't trade it for the world..
                The first thing I did when the ex left was sell my embrodery machine and new generator and used the money to remodled my kitchen to fit me in my chair.. worked out real well .no one else would want it but I love it.
                Sharon
                But I have to admit I sometimes do miss my embrodery machine when I am in the mood to sew
                Last edited by SharonW0111; 02-24-2006, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianScroller View Post
                  I am not sure if that saw will fit on the other stand.
                  I did find a scroll saw stand pattern that I know would work for you.

It looks easy to construct and features a tilt top.

I know it didnt answer your post but I hope it helps

i wish i had've found this stand pattern, before i went to the trouble and time i put in mine

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X