Tools-Ryobi,Sears& Grizzly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tools-Ryobi,Sears& Grizzly

Has anybody have seen and or heard reviews for the Ryobi planer for $200.00 and the new Sears bandsaw for $ 300.00, and the Grizzly surface sander.
    I wonder if any of these are worth purchasing. The pricing seems reasonable but.. Any comments would be appreciated. Bob
    Be the good,
    you want to see in the world...

Craftsman Bandsaw

I haven't seen the new Sears bandsaw yet; however, if it's as good as the one I have it's a great saw for the money. I bought a 12 inch Craftsman bandsaw back in 1980 in Philadelphia and used it for years. It was stored in my garage for about eight years until I moved it down to my shop a couple of weeks ago. It still looks and runs like new. As I remember I paid about $300.00 for the saw and stand back then so if the new saw is comparable to to the old model I would say it's worth the money. This is just based on my experience and not an endorsement..... but I do love the saw!!!!
    If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Sorry, I havent really heard anything about each spacific tool you mentioned.As for ryobi in general, its a 50/50 for me, I have a ryobi scrollsaw I didnt care for, and I have their oscillating spindle sander that I reall like. For sears,I have their router table which is ok, two craftsman routers ,one of which needed service twice, and I have two of their older contractor tablesaws,one I like, and the other I dont care for.I have heard great comments on their mitersaws, however I havent ever used that. So for craftsman, Im batting about .500. Grizzly, I have a grizzly jointer, which I love, and two grizzly wood lathes which I like really well as well. So Id give grizzly the thumbs up for sure.

(My planer is a Ridgid, I like very well,my bandsaw a Jet,I like it as well, and my Performax I simply Love! )
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Ryobi planer

I have had a Ryobi planer for about 15 years and it has served me well. It is a smaller 10" model, but works great on a variety of material. I know some people don't like Ryobi tools, but this one has been worth it for me.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X