bark carving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bark carving

this is just for info, if anyone is thinking about trying bark carving. Art Olver sent me some samples and I just carved one....really great! I like it a lot...but have to be careful or would become a bark carver! lol..anyway, the bark he sent is beautiful, kind of a butterscotch color and really nice grain...by the way Art what kind of bark is that? :P

Re: bark carving

In our carving club this week, there was a workshop on bark carving. I never understood what people were talking about before then. I tried to get in, but the class was full. I had just finished carving a face like they were doing.

I'd like to get a couple of pieces of that bark so I can give it a try! Can you direct me to it? Thanks

Comment

Re: bark carving

Art must not be monitoring the site?? try this [email protected] or [email protected]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
        Bruce at the sawmill
        by will8989
        This video was taken where Bruce volunteers at the sawmill. Bruce is the tall one at the back of the saw.
        https://youtu.be/ffsJjR0Sc3c
        Yesterday, 09:27 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to How to start the day
        by will8989
        No worries Linda, I have all my receipts since we bought the house, the updates on the updates!
        Yesterday, 09:22 PM
      • vgraf
        Reply to elementary questions
        by vgraf
        Cute Pattern.
        I have good success treating the wood with spry shellac before cutting. There will not be a problem painting the pieces with craft paint over the shellac. As previously said, just be sure to keep the paint off of the cut edges. If you want to seal the craft paint, a light spray coat...
        Yesterday, 09:14 PM
      • dwssr2
        Reply to elementary questions
        by dwssr2

This is the puzzle, for some reason I usualy make my puzzels with thicker stock, sometimes 3/4 oak or pine or poplar. I have made puzzels in the past I just wanted to get some fresh ideas on blades and finish. I like the idea of applying shellac first that is if the paint sitll covers...
        Yesterday, 06:30 PM
      • will8989
        Reply to Having a Betty week UPDATED: See post #7
        by will8989
        No more waiting for weeks to start therapy. The sooner you use the replacement the better. Bruce was doing mild hand exercises the day after his surgery and bending slightly at the elbow. They expected him in pt for at least 6-9 months. He stopped in February and is doing home therapy, like lifting...
        Yesterday, 01:29 PM
      Working...
      X